Boston Globe: Was AROD a PED Distributor? Will Yankees let him Walk?

weams

When our Adderall guy is skewered by all, I sure don't mind seeing AROD continue to be gored by his own actions though. This is not stff that was made up or illegally obtained. AROD admitted to it. He had a choice. The case was going to trial.

But he has already been punished beyond the original scope of possibilities. Even if he did distribute, which I am guessing was more at a high school pot dealer level then a scarface level, it should have been covered under the original, high inflated, suspension. Unless of course these transgressions occurred AFTER his suspension.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah it's more nuanced than that. MLB did not admit to a crime and they certainly have not been prosecuted for anything.

Never said anyone bothered to prosecute them.

As for them admitting it... well they admitted purchasing them and police admitted telling them it was stolen before hand.

Pretty sure that meets the burden of proof needed for a message board. Anyone not willing to admit that MLB knew what they were doing is frankly acting irrationally.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/mlb-s-alex-rodriguez-inquiry-probers-were-told-documents-were-stolen-but-bought-records-anyway-in-1.7984717

Major League Baseball ignored repeated warnings that records they sought in the Alex Rodriguez Biogenesis scandal had been stolen and that they were not to purchase them, according to Florida investigators and an April police report obtained by Newsday.

MLB investigators bought Biogenesis records anyway, and a Boca Raton police detective investigating the theft noted that baseball officials neglected to notify law enforcement officials that they had done so for nearly eight months.

There is nothing nuanced about that. They were warned, they did it anyway.

Fair enough. MLB got it's hand dirty in order to get a creep like ARod. You seem to have the problem with MLB. Myself, my stomach turns when someone repeatedly looks straight into the camera and continuously lies and points the finger at others. MLB may have acted improperly. In this case, I really dont' care.

Not improperly, criminally.

And yes I have an issue when employers can disregard the law in regards to their employees. It amazes me that others don't.

Never said anyone bothered to prosecute them.

As for them admitting it... well they admitted purchasing them and police admitted telling them it was stolen before hand.

Pretty sure that meets the burden of proof needed for a message board. Anyone not willing to admit that MLB knew what they were doing is frankly acting irrationally.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/mlb-s-alex-rodriguez-inquiry-probers-were-told-documents-were-stolen-but-bought-records-anyway-in-1.7984717

There is nothing nuanced about that. They were warned, they did it anyway.

If they were not prosecuted then it is nuanced. If there was a clear violation of the law then I would expect the authorities to prosecute them, particularly if the authorities had specifically warned them against doing so in advance and impeded their investigation. It may be shady but there is nothing illegal about a supposed crime that has not been even prosecuted or not even pursued.

If they were not prosecuted then it is nuanced. If there was a clear violation of the law then I would expect the authorities to prosecute them, particularly if the authorities had specifically warned them against doing so in advance and impeded their investigation. It may be shady but there is nothing illegal about a supposed crime that has not been even prosecuted or not even pursued.

If you speed and the officer lets you off with a warning you still broke the law. Right? If you jaywalk and the cop ignores it you still broke the law right? Just because the legal system does not decide to enforce a law does not mean the law no longer applies.

I'm sure there have been instances when someone killed a man's daughter. The man knows who did it. He's supposed to let the law take care of it. He doesn't. He takes the law into his own hands and kills the guy. That's wrong. That's illegal. Yet, I'm not going to get outraged over that happening. It might be wrong but I'm thinking the murderer of the daughter got what he deserved. You can argue all day that the father was wrong and why he shouldn't have done it. In the end, you might be right, but I really don't care. ARod is/was guilty and they got him.

You are equating steroids with murder now?

Wow, yeah, nothing left to talk about now.

If you speed and the officer lets you off with a warning you still broke the law. Right? If you jaywalk and the cop ignores it you still broke the law right? Just because the legal system does not decide to enforce a law does not mean the law no longer applies.

I'll leave that to the authorities that have the facts in each case and their priorities. If you want to compare MLB's actions with going 35 in a 30 or jaywalking I won't really argue the point though. Not worth caring about.

You're smarter than that, I think. It's an analogy. It's not about equating steroids with murder. It's about breaking the rules to get the bad guy.

It is a flawed Analogy since in one case you are talking about an individual and in the other you are talking about a corporation. A corporation of the size of MLB has vastly more power then any individual. We saw how they were able to extort cooperation from a witness and how they were able to brazenly ignore laws.

This isn't an issue of a wronged individual taking the law into his own hands. This is a business that is annoyed at an employee and taking extraordinary steps to deal with them.

Archived