medical reports

swampdog

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've long been a skeptic of our medical team. They backed off Balfour and Tyler Colvin last year. Going by what those players did, I'm starting to get behind the medical team.

Yeah, whatever you think of it, they they seem to have a pretty good track record. It is concerning that some players may just avoid us though.

Orioles also have experience with Reimold and herniated discs. That didn't go so well. I can understand Nick being pissed because he feels like his body might be more worn than it would have been because he played through injuries for the benefit of the team. But nothing hurts a team more than injuries. It is a smart strategy to try to avoid them.

What's comical is that you used that report to support your argument. Do you actually buy that a pitcher who lost 2 miles off his fasball and had the worst walk rate of his career, by far, was working on command and that's why he lost the velocity?

Both Maddon and Balfour said something is not right. It was not an injury. There are many factors that can make a pitcher lose velocity. I don't care if he said it had to do with the moons distance to the planet. It is what it is. If people are so quick to say "oh his velocity was down so he had to be injured" thats a joke.

All my point was Balfour was not injured. Yes his velocity was down but its was not due to an INJURY.

Both Maddon and Balfour said something is not right. It was not an injury. There are many factors that can make a pitcher lose velocity. I don't care if he said it had to do with the moons distance to the planet. It is what it is. If people are so quick to say "oh his velocity was down so he had to be injured" thats a joke.

All my point was Balfour was not injured. Yes his velocity was down but its was not due to an INJURY.

We all got your point. You could be wrong.

This was all over the 4th year i don't think Nick's medical reports had anything to do with this.

I would hope not, seeing as Nick played in 98% of the Oriole games over the last 2 years, and played at a high level. Even for 9 straight years he played in 93% of games.Give me a roster of "crips' with those numbers

The Orioles have not had the best luck with long term contracts. Roberts was a disaster. Unbaldo is turning into one. Markakis's last contract can be considered one. I think if he had not lost so much power suddenly this would have been much less an issue.

I hate the idea of management ignoring the advice of the medical experts and signing guys that break down due to preexisting conditions.
I've long been a skeptic of our medical team. They backed off Balfour and Tyler Colvin last year. Going by what those players did, I'm starting to get behind the medical team.

I like our guys.

I would hope not, seeing as Nick played in 98% of the Oriole games over the last 2 years, and played at a high level. Even for 9 straight years he played in 93% of games.Give me a roster of "crips' with those numbers

I am not certain that we use that word.

Archived