Official Winter Meetings Thread

weams

Snider is a great guy to take a chance on. He either had the best hot streak of his career or he's started to figure things out. I'd bet Matusz and a 2M salary on that. I would not be suprised to see Lough go back to the Pirates as part of the deal. His role with De Aza in LF and Snider in RF would be severely limited. Buccos could probably use a 4th OF type like Lough and Matusz doesn't seem good enough, to me, to bring back Snyder by himself.

This would actually make some sense. The only question would be who would play CF if Jones needs a day off?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would trade Matsuz for Snider and wouldn't be surprised to see Matsuz put up very good numbers for the pirates....If we get Snider I would look to trade De Aza for a couple Jomar Reyes type prospects and use that money towards the best bat we can get (Morse)...Snider plus De Aza plus Lough is not good roster management like Drungo said.

I'd rather just have Lough in RF than these names. Byrd would be nice but I don't think Philly is just going to give him away. Young might want too much. Gomes is a Plan F guy. Don't overpay for any of these names and hope someone is leftover and get them on the cheap. This team needs a rake and not a bulldozer. Only 24 hours till the rule 5 draft starts.

Maybe it's already been mentioned, but why aren't we kicking the tires on Alex Rios? Seems like he's in a similar position to Nelson Cruz a year ago, in that he could be poised for a bounce back year. He'd definitely give us some much needed speed at the top of the order. I'd rather take my chances with Rios then sign someone completely mediocre like Aoki.

I'd rather just have Lough in RF than these names. Byrd would be nice but I don't think Philly is just going to give him away. Young might want too much. Gomes is a Plan F guy. Don't overpay for any of these names and hope someone is leftover and get them on the cheap. This team needs a rake and not a bulldozer. Only 24 hours till the rule 5 draft starts.

I think Lough could very well hit .220 if we play him everyday. He's not an everyday player.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>So if the Orioles got Travis Snider for Matusz, they'd essentially be getting a 26 year old version of Nick Markakis, for 1/10th the price</p>? Dave Tucker (@TestudoDave) <a href="
">December 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And they wouldn't have to pay Matusz.

I think Lough could very well hit .220 if we play him everyday. He's not an everyday player.

And I could say I think he could hit .320 if he played every day.

Neither statement has anything to back it up until we actually see him play everyday. You can't really say if a player is an everyday player or not until they're given a shot. Like with Pearce.

Snider is a great guy to take a chance on. He either had the best hot streak of his career or he's started to figure things out. I'd bet Matusz and a 2M salary on that. I would not be suprised to see Lough go back to the Pirates as part of the deal. His role with De Aza in LF and Snider in RF would be severely limited. Buccos could probably use a 4th OF type like Lough and Matusz doesn't seem good enough, to me, to bring back Snyder by himself.

And as he said on the Kevin Millah show, he cooks up a mean steak. Good clubhouse guy who has your back when fisticuffs ensue (or your chin as the case may be). "Sun's out, guns out!"

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/7417714/v36714431/travis-snider-joins-intentional-talk/?query=travis%2Bsnider

Archived