Anyone getting tired of the "do-nothing" approach???

PA724_Oriole

Is very frustrating. I hop on trade rumors and see other teams making moves and see Padres are the most likely candidates to get Kemp. Ok, thats fine because.im not high on wanting him anyway. Then I see Indians acquire Moss. That's a bigger blow considering he could have played 1B and RF. I don't know what the Indians gave up but still. But that's not the worst.

I scroll down and see we are in talks with Rasmus and Aoki and I almost cried. Then I thought this team was a Nelson Cruz sighing elsewhere from finishing 2nd or 3rd in a division that was probably at its worst last year than ever before.

I just think DD is getting too much credit from some of you. I think a lot of things fell into his lap. Like the signing of Cruz for example. The one thing that brought him here was the opportunity to play the field. Well considering at the time the Os still had no idea who would be playing LF, it wasn't that hard of a sell.

A lot of time left before this final roster is set but I'm not feeling too optimistic about where this team will be come May.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the replacements for Markakis, Cruz and Miller are all "in-house," I'll be pretty disappointed. Lough, Pearce, De Aza may yet be good, but there isn't a proven track record amongst them. Which Davis do we get? Total unknown. Wieters behind the dish? Who knows... Our team right now is pretty much a litmus test for whether or not one is a half-full or half-empty type fan...

I think our FO sits back and lets other FOs make their own moves as long as they don't involve any preferred target off our FO. When the time comes, I expect our FO to act appropriately in pursuing these targets.

I don't expect we will miss the production of the 2015 Cruz and Markakis and have no issue with the moves so far. There is plenty of time in the offseason to make quality improvements to bolster the major league team.

Other teams are going after Moss, Upton, and Kemp while we're going to rely on some 27 year old who A) has never played above AAA and B) didn't even dominate the league and was passable at best offensively to play corner outfield. If you're realistic and don't think all of our players are the most amazing players ever, it's easy and justifiable to be discouraged.

It is easy to get discouraged. We are absolutely a place that welcomes those who are unhappy.

Is very frustrating. I hop on trade rumors and see other teams making moves and see Padres are the most likely candidates to get Kemp. Ok, thats fine because.im not high on wanting him anyway. Then I see Indians acquire Moss. That's a bigger blow considering he could have played 1B and RF. I don't know what the Indians gave up but still. But that's not the worst.

I scroll down and see we are in talks with Rasmus and Aoki and I almost cried. Then I thought this team was a Nelson Cruz sighing elsewhere from finishing 2nd or 3rd in a division that was probably at its worst last year than ever before.

No matter who our GM is, we've generally been the guys that pick over whomever's left after most teams improve. It's been that way for a LOOOOONG time. I've stopped criticizing that because it angers a lot of the sabermetricians here for some reason, but if you plan on following the Orioles during the offseason in the future, please realize that they RARELY make significant moves before January. I don't know why they do this, but it's a serious pain in the @$$ to watch year after year.

What bothers me this time around is that some folks expect DD to find another Nelson Cruz out there for dirt cheap who will have an amazing year like Cruz did in 2014. It's not going to happen. The guys like that aren't available as FAs this time around. So we're going to sit back and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait until most of the decent players have been traded or signed and then try to fill our holes with dumpster refugees.

Try not to let it get to you, it happens every single year.

MSK

Replacing Markakis' production is not all that difficult. Replacing Cruz' bat is most important IMO. Hopefully a LH power bat who can play a decent corner OF. Also a RP who gets out RH and LH bats. With Davis and Pearce for RF/1B/DH I don't see why we would need Moss.

Can you please stop trolling me in every thread? You think they're the most amazing team ever regardless of personnel, we've established that. I like when the Orioles are good and wish the team cared as much as most people do and tried to improve instead of cost cutting and bargain bin junk, we've established that. There's nothing left to discuss.

You think a moderator is trolling you? Yeah, that's probably it.

Didnt we just reach out to Aoki and Rasmus...

Relax because winter is coming.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/12/orioles-talking-with-nori-aoki-colby-rasmus.html

Yes, we're awesome at "reaching out" but this happens every offseason with the Orioles. I will be totally shocked if the Orioles sign anyone at the meetings.

Happy, but shocked.

MSK

I will be pretty frustrated if we're super passive this week and anyone who could provide help in the outfield is gone. An in house plan will fail us miserably

I don't think any of the available players are a much better option than in house guys or guys that will be released during ST.

I say make a trade for Upton or Kemp... or sit tight

No interest in:

Aoki

Rasmus

Stubbs

Delmon Yount

Archived