Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Meanwhile, Angelos and Orioles are in midst of dispute with MLB over MASN. So, this is quite complicated.</p>— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) <a href="

">January 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So we're taking a lawyers words as the honest truth now? Is that how much people are in denial over this?

Lawyers entire livelihood is based on saying things that might not be 100% true to convince people to go to their side. I'd trust a reporter whos job is to tell the honest truth over a lawyer.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Meanwhile, Angelos and Orioles are in midst of dispute with MLB over MASN. So, this is quite complicated.</p>— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) <a href="
">January 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

First off they are not.

MASN is in a dispute with MLB, not the Orioles.

Secondly what difference does that make?

Peter said he does not believe talks have happened. So Ken still might be right buddy.
Talks would begin without Peter's knowledge? I thought I've heard it all until now.
Bottom line this is gonna get ugly. I sure hope Dan right now isn't running the Orioles till this is over.
Once again you question his character and what it would do to his reputation in the industry.

Once again why would you think Dan would not be doing his job?

I think it is a pretty despicable sort that wouldn't.

Dan strike you as that type of guy?

His heart not 100% into the Orioles right now.

Once again why would you think Dan would not be doing his job?

I think it is a pretty despicable sort that wouldn't.

Dan strike you as that type of guy?

He's a lame duck GM right now. People know he doesn't want to be there. It would be tough to convince players to join the Orioles when they know Dan doesn't even want to be there. Its just not a good situation.

His heart not 100% into the Orioles right now.

WTF does that have to do with anything?

I don't want his heart anywhere near any deals he might make.

Heart is how you take Hobgood in the top 5 and extend Roberts.

The heart wants what the heart wants.

That is why it shouldn't be allowed near the negotiating table.

If you read Angelos's quotes (no specific compensation has been discussed) and Roch's stuff (O's have looked over Toronto's roster and system) you get the feeling that talks haven't gotten involved regarding compensation but that some in the O's organization believe it will come down to that. Now, if Angelos says "no way DD is leaving" then there must be some belief that MLB can make it happen without their consent.
Then the new commish better have asbestos underwear between this and the MASN business.

Archived