Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

I don't know if this has been posted yet so I apologize if it has. This is truly hilarious and if this guy is involved in the negotiations then things could get interesting (he sounds like a grown up Ralph Wiggum):

We?ve heard that the Jays were anywhere from dopes to wise men about moving on the deal. Yet the Jays have not set up a war room to discuss trade scenarios.

General manager Alex Anthopoulos is not putting together offers A, B and C to acquire someone to replace his boss.

And Beeston certainly is not.

So who is making the call?

Who is saying we?ll give you Hoffman for Duquette?

Or Aaron Sanchez, Marcus Stroman and Jose Bautista as a package?

Or batting practice pitcher Jesus Figueroa?

Is it Eddie Rogers, who has never been involved in the day-to-day involvement of the club?

Or Rai, a skybox regular when the Jays visit Yankee Stadium?

Or is it Keith Pelley, president of Rogers Media (the Jays fall under his umbrella)? For all of Pelley?s years in sports broadcasting, he once shocked a meeting by asking, ?What?s a relief pitcher??

Rogers, Pelley and Rai all remain under the double-secret cone of silence.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/01/22/blue-jays-wont-for-gm-dan-duquette-but-rogers-might

Anthopoulos and Beeston aren't making the deal because soon as DD gets to town they are gone. It would like DD making the deal for the O's. Conflict of interest.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An open letter to Dan Duquette

Dan, I've had the pleasure of meeting you a couple of times, and you've always been open and approachable. Having said that, my thought is now this

Leave.

Just leave.

I can't blame you for wanting to go for the promotion, so don't blame us now for holding open the door and bidding you farewell and thanks.

An open letter to Dan Duquette

Dan, I've had the pleasure of meeting you a couple of times, and you've always been open and approachable. Having said that, my thought is now this

Leave.

Just leave.

I can't blame you for wanting to go for the promotion, so don't blame us now for holding open the door and bidding you farewell and thanks.

I wouldn't postmark that letter until we have the compensation worked out.

Anthopoulos and Beeston aren't making the deal because soon as DD gets to town they are gone. It would like DD making the deal for the O's. Conflict of interest.

I understand but I think the point is that there may be individuals involved from the Blue Jays' side that that think a ball glove is something the doctor puts on before giving you a physical.

General manager Alex Anthopoulos is not putting together offers A, B and C to acquire someone to replace his boss.[/b]

So who is making the call?

Who is saying we?ll give you Hoffman for Duquette?

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/01/22/blue-jays-wont-for-gm-dan-duquette-but-rogers-might

The sign stealer from the center field bleachers is making the call as usual. One thumb up means Rizzo, two thumbs up means Kenny Williams, and arms and legs waving all the over place with a labatt blue means DD.

Here is all I can say about this mess. It has been a long time since I felt so good, so confident, so happy with our manger and front office. What a nice feeling it is to know their are people in charge that know not only what they are doing, but they are at the top of their field. And now....Toronto (and DD to an extent) want to take that all away? When DD is signed to a contract for 4 more years?

IF he is let out of it....you have to make Toronto pay and pay heavily. I am talking MAJOR talent. 2-3 players of grade AAA quality. Because we are losing a guy that is responsible for the team we have. A guy who built it. Who finessed it. Who made it into the winner it is today. We are under no obligation to let him out of this. So fleece Toronto. Rape them. Make them give you at least two top prospects and a good player from their major league team. Toronto wants DD. We don't have to let him go. If I had my druthers I would want him to stay. 3 players now is not worth 4 more years of DD and the 100's of players he would move in and out the next 4 years.

Make them fawking pay.

We've now surpassed 4,000 posts in this thread. Anyone know what the record is for most posts in a thread on here?

The original "Mark Teixeira Watch" thread had 4,753 posts, the most all-time in the Orioles Talk forum... this thread is currently in second place, as far as I can tell. The "What Are You Listening to Right Now" thread in the music forum has 13,000+ posts, though.

A few examples:

- O's pull a quick one on Toronto and change the final draft of their agreement to send them Jim Duquette. Unfortunately, they realize Toronto did the same thing and dealt them Trevor Hoffman. Remember, always ask for the redline version of a contract!

- O's and Jays agree to compensation, but Jays later reject the deal after their doctors find calcium deposits in Duquette's throwing shoulder during his physical.

- O's and Jays agree to compensation, but Toronto tries to void the deal after meeting with Duquette, saying they were mistaken and "wanted the one who looks like Earl Weaver".

- O's and Jays agree to compensation, but Jays later realize that Duquette was simply the public face of the behind the scenes genius of Rick Dempsey.

- O's and Jays can't agree on compensation. MLB intervenes and appoints an independent arbitration panel to determine fair compensation. The panel, comprised of Rob Ford and Cito Gaston are deadlocked on fair compensation, and MLB is embarrassed when they realize why arbitration panels are more effective with an odd number of participants.

- O's and Jays can't agree to compensation. Duquette remains in Baltimore, but is fired when Angelos learns he contributed to the "Biebergate" scandal by inviting the Canadian singer and some of his friends to camp out overnight at Camden Yards. Duquette, though paying cash for a cord of firewood and 12 cases of lighter fluid, can't convince Angelos that he did not participate in the center field bonfire, due to the lack of security cameras at Camden Yards. Ed Rogers quips "go figure, we have cameras all over our outfield".

One more possible ending: Rogers Communication agrees to compensation involving Hoffman and Pentecost, then immediately offer the CEO position to Duquette, who turns it down because "I just don't think I can work with a management team reckless enough to give up that much for me." A variation on Groucho's old theme of "I wouldn't want to belong to any club that wanted me for a member."

I am still trying to wrap my head around how big of a ****ing mess this is.

First thing though: where does Toronto get off pulling this type of sleazy poaching?

I would prefer DD be here for the next 4 years. He has done an amazing job with this team over the last 3 seasons and having him and Buck at the helm makes me feel good about every decision that is made with this club, even knowing that not all of them will work out. However, now that this story has played out the way it has, DD has to go. I think we're beyond the point of him staying here for this season.

What really has me perplexed is that it looks like Toronto is actually going to give us a significant return for him. I think we deserve something good in return for DD's services but with the way the Jay's have been playing this out in the media I just didn't think it was going to happen. But now we're talking Jeff Hoffman? Hoffman+? I hate seeing DD go because of what he's done here but sign me up for that. Make Toronto pay. Let's see what else they'll give up. If Rogers really is running the show who knows what he'll do. He's certainly not a baseball guy but he really seems to have his eye fixated on Dan and only Dan for some reason. We're going to find out how bad he really wants him.

And oh yeah, **** the blow jays.

Archived