Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

I think you're way ahead of the situation. Apparently, the Blue Jays have been narrowing their options before requesting permission from teams to talk to their people. And Dan is not the only one on the list.

Though he is their first choice. Not one among many.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, it's not. The Blue Jays job runs the whole business, not just the baseball side.

No I think you have that wrong.

Looking at their corporate structure, it would seem DD would be given the budget and it would be the GM coming to him for approvals.

He would essentially function as the corporations Peter Angelos by proxy

That has to be pretty enticing to a guy like him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It's considered industry courtesy to let employees seek promotion elsewhere, but that practice isn't uniform&doesn't supersede contract law.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="
">December 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Now would you want a pissed off Dan running the team the next 3 years if Peter blocks him?

He would not be pissed off. And he would get a raise and promotion. We have an empt team presidency since MacPhail left.

I thought the negotiations were very successful.

I had no problem with the results either but how DD viewed it is the important thing. If he went to the mat wanting to sign one or the other to 4yrs and ownership said no, then along comes this opportunity, he might be more inclined to be receptive is all I am getting at

We wont know, just saying it curious timing.

Only in baseball. The guy can't get a job for 10 years. Gets one by a team that gets turned down by everyone else. Now the team who's GM didn't want our job wants to hire him to be that guy's boss. lol

I told you they were getting fired. Dan would take the whole band of grandfathers.

Only in baseball. The guy can't get a job for 10 years. Gets one by a team that gets turned down by everyone else. Now the team whose GM didn't want our job wants to hire him to be that guy's boss. lol

There is a delicious irony to that is there not lol

How much bad luck do the O's have to take in 1 week? Why don't someone offer Brian Cashman a president job? We suffered 14 years of misery and we just started to get good and seems like everyone especially in the east division wants to dismantle our team. I will never respect the world society of screw everyone in your way to get ahead and be a self glutton.

I had no problem with the results either but how DD viewed it is the important thing. If he went to the mat wanting to sign one or the other to 4yrs and ownership said no, then along comes this opportunity, he might be more inclined to be receptive is all I am getting at

Dan did not want to sign any of those players. All he had to do was non tender Davis to sign two of the three.

Only in baseball. The guy can't get a job for 10 years. Gets one by a team that gets turned down by everyone else. Now the team whose GM didn't want our job wants to hire him to be that guy's boss. lol

LaCava has nothing to do with this. He would be two layers below Duquette.

I give Dan more credit then that.

Archived