Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if this is the most tired conversation in the history of OH? Sadly it's probably not even top 5. I keep opening this dumb thread thinking there might be something substantive added. I'm continually disappointed so I guess I'll move on!

Dude, not even close. The Tex saga was BY FAR the most beaten horse ever. It was times like those that made Trea so much "fun!"

Dude, not even close. The Tex saga was BY FAR the most beaten horse ever. It was times like those that made Trea so much "fun!"

I'm sure you're right. This one is just so annoying right now that it seems as bad or worse, in the moment.

This is 100% right. Not sure if those threads are still searchable or if they were purged at some point but I'm pretty sure we had 8 or 10 different hundred-plus page threads on Tex.

This is 100% right. Not sure if those threads are still searchable or if they were purged at some point but I'm pretty sure we had 8 or 10 different hundred-plus page threads on Tex.

Ended up being a blessing that we didn't get him. I still dislike the guy obviously but that's more in part because of the laundry he wears and he has what they call a punchable face.

Ended up being a blessing that we didn't get him. I still dislike the guy obviously but that's more in part because of the laundry he wears and he has what they call a punchable face.

When he was a kid he was one of those kids who was from Maryland but wore Yanks stuff to Oriole games. That's either a fatal flaw in upbringing, or a character flaw, or whatever... but in any case it's pretty much unforgivable.

When he was a kid he was one of those kids who was from Maryland but wore Yanks stuff to Oriole games. That's either a fatal flaw in upbringing, or a character flaw, or whatever... but in any case it's pretty much unforgivable.

Hell not only that, I recall he bragged about that too. But yeah I remember kids like him growing up who had no real connection to New York who loved the Yankees. Knew one guy who was a Yankees fan in baseball,

Cowboys in football, and Duke in college B-Ball. I was really hoping to see Teix end up like Mussina and have his contract in NY end with no ring. He got one but then again his team has also missed the playoffs the last two years and I see no reason for that to change in the immediate future.

I

II

III

IV

V

VI

VII

VIII

IX

X

NY, NY

1 4,750

2 2,341

3 1,270

4 992

5 2,360

6 941

7 1,128

8 2,152

9 2,442

10 751

11 409

TOT 19,536 posts

That was a quick but chilling re-visit there for me, thanks.

I wonder how many of the people who posted in the 'NY, NY' thread that they were quitting baseball over that signing, actually quit being a fan. I'm guessing not many.

Hell, not only that, I recall he bragged about that too. But yeah I remember kids like him growing up who had no real connection to New York who loved the Yankees. Knew one guy who was a Yankees fan in baseball, Cowboys in football, and Duke in college B-Ball. I was really hoping to see Teix end up like Mussina and have his contract in NY end with no ring. He got one but then again his team has also missed the playoffs the last two years and I see no reason for that to change in the immediate future.

I did the opposite, and will brag about it to my grave (which I hope is a looooooong way off.)

I used to think that that made me the anti-Teixeira, but I suppose that you could also make the argument that I am just like him.

In any case, I started as an Oriole in the fall of 1971, and I will always remain one, with no regrets.

Archived