Marlins Nearing Deal With Michael Morse

Greg

My preference was adding Morse, but maybe he still won't accept that he's a DH.

Yup. That's my guess as to the difference between what we're offering and what he'll get from the Marlins. They'll pay him like a of/1b and we're offering him DH dollars. Just a guess. Could be dead wrong.

My preference was adding Morse, but maybe he still won't accept that he's a DH.

I think this was probably a major factor in his decision. Also, I am not convinced that the Orioles were willing to offer him a multi-year deal.

I think this was probably a major factor in his decision. Also, I am not convinced that the Orioles were willing to offer him a multi-year deal.

The deal's done. Marlins gave him two years. No dollars mentioned. 8'll take the over on 10 million.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Mike Morse and his wife are from Florida, so this is a homecoming. Last deal of two years, $8 million, but performance bonuses.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

">December 16, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It will be interesting to see what he signs for. I liked him as well, to replace some of Cruz's production. I'm guessing the Marlins will have paid him 4 million plus per year, which is not where DD wants to go. We'll see.

4 million per year is nothing. Morse will certainly get more than that. Alex Rios just got 11 million a couple days ago.

Archived