Davis right field

rick30

What about moving Davis to right field? He has a great arm and is very athletic. Now for the part everyone will jump me for. Add Howard and Byrd from the Phillies with them paying most of their contracts. Howard has had a lot of off field issues and a few nagging injuries. Maybe he is ready for a change. He can share time with Pierce at first. Byrd shares time in LF. They all could also get time at DH.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about moving Davis to right field? He has a great arm and is very athletic. Now for the part everyone will jump me for. Add Howard and Byrd from the Phillies with them paying most of their contracts. Howard has had a lot of off field issues and a few nagging injuries. Maybe he is ready for a change. He can share time with Pierce at first. Byrd shares time in LF. They all could also get time at DH.

No thanks.

The O's can DH Pearce against RHP and play Lough and De Aza in LF and RF. They could play Byrd in LF, Pearce in RF, and Delmon at DH v LHP. Forget Howard.

Byrd isn't worth a prospect. At this point just stick with what they got and hope they can squeeze another year out of Pearce and hole De Aza rebounds.

Put me down for adding Howard to the lineup at a reasonable cost ($30 mil/3 years and marginal prospect). The same people who think he's washed up now probably thought Ortiz was a few years ago. A potential lineup of Walker at 1b, Davis in rf and Howard at DH would be interesting and worth exploring:thumbsup1:

Even in Ortiz down years, he still got on base at a .330 clip and close to an .800OPS. If thats the Howard we got, I'd be ok with him. But his down years are much worse than Ortiz.

Archived