Orioles Sign Delmon Young - 1 Year Deal

SticksandStones

I'm really pulling for Delmon. Last year he achieved a small level of redemption for his past mistakes. He clearly likes it in Baltimore. He hits very well in Oriole Park and he appears to get along with his team mates. I'm hopeful that he can put up similar numbers to last year but with roughly 400 at bats.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm really pulling for Delmon. Last year he achieved a small level of redemption for his past mistakes. He clearly likes it in Baltimore. He hits very well in Oriole Park and he appears to get along with his team mates. I'm hopeful that he can put up similar numbers to last year but with roughly 400 at bats.

Last year was a BABIP fluke. I'm not hopeful he could even replicate that success in the same amount of at bats, less so in an increased role. If Young gets 400 at bats, I doubt anyone will like the results.

Last year was a BABIP fluke. I'm not hopeful he could even replicate that success in the same amount of at bats, less so in an increased role. If Young gets 400 at bats, I doubt anyone will like the results.

Maybe that .359 BABIP was due to that Oriole Park mojo. Career high though so it was a bit of a fluke. I'll take his .324 career average. Although I think he'll do better. I took a look at his spray charts from last year and while he tends to pull a lot of his ground balls, his fly balls look pretty evenly distributed. That plays well in OPACY, especially in right center. What the heck a pull for him anyway.

Archived