Do you hate Toronto as much as NY and Boston now?

Frobby

Do you hate Toronto as much as NY and Boston now?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hate Toronto as much as NY and Boston now?

• I hate them MORE than NY and Boston!
    • Yes, and I doubt that will change
    • Yes, for right now, not forever
    • No, NY and Boston are still worse

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will definitely have more angst this year for the Blue Jays.

But if Toronto were playing against NY or Boston in a playoff series, I would still be rooting for Toronto 100%. It would take a lot of years of hatred of Toronto to reach Sox/Yanks levels of hatred.

I still hate the Sox and Yanks more but Toronto's actions this offseason combined with the beanballs last season have made me understand why more hate them. A big part of how I hate teams is dealing with opposing fans. Obviously, I'm not dealing with too many Jays fans versus the amount of Yankees and Sox fans.

I think if the MFYs are bad enough this year, Toronto will be my no.2 . . . for the time being. Nothing will ever supplant my seething hatred for Boston (the organization) and their legions of self-satisfied, entitled, pink-/green-hat wearing fans.

Nothing is worse than a Boston sports fan. Deliver us from Boston sports fans.

Hating the Yankees is part of an oath an Orioles fan signs from day #1. I didn't really started hating on Boston until how obnoxious their fans have been since '04. Toronto has moved way up my list but it's still way behind those two. (Duke basketball will be forever #1)

Until you live in Florida, this is correct.

Toronto fans take a ribbing better than other visiting fans. It's hard to hate Canadians. They have delicious foods like maple syrup and poutine, the Royal Canadian Mounted Officers, rabble rousing Quebecois, and some of most beautiful landscapes you will ever see. Newfies pale in comparison to the residents of Dundalk in their trashiness, and the worst areas of Toronto are still walkable at night.

Cito still sucks though, just not as bad as Girardi and pink hats.

For me, it's more about the teams (the franchises, management and players) than about their fans. I dislike the BJ's far more than I do the Sox. My resentment of the Gnats and everything they represent ("We really should give our nation's capital another franchise. That all right with you, Mr. Steinbrenner? Mr. Henry? Everyone else? Done.") has made me dislike them more than I do the Sox. I can't imagine what the BJs, or any other team, could do that would make my dislike for it approach the order of magnitude of the Yankee hate that has been churning inside me for over 50 years. :angryfire:

This is pretty much my take. I also have a soft spot for Boston because I have lots of friends who are Sox fans, and they truly hate the Yankees as much as we do. If it comes down to the Yankees and the Sox (as often happens), I find myself pulling for the Sox. Toronto hasn't been good enough to hate lately, but the more I think about it, the more I hate them. I just can't imagine a scenario where I am rooting for the Blue Jays, even against the Yankees.

Pretty much where I am as well. I pull for Boston to beat NY as they hate the Yanks as much as we do and I have a lifelong admiration of Ted Williams and Yaz. Papi's soured me on them in recent years however (feeling entitled that no one can pitch him inside and his dugout phone bashing in Baltimore). As for the Jays, I've never been a Joey Bats fan (another pouter at the plate), but until this DD saga, it was last year's throwing at our guys by their young pitcher in the next to last series with them that turned the tide. This DD saga is the final blow for me.

1989 final weekend, Cito not putting Mussina in the 93 ASG (I was there, 11 years old and heartbroken) and...this.

Rot in hell, Toronto. I hate you, your clean cut Canadian ways, your dumbass retractable dome stadium that went out of style after Camden Yards came along and showed everyone what a real baseball stadium was supposed to look like, your stupid jerseys and changes over the years, Joe Carter jumping around, John Olerud wearing his batting helmet in the field, Paul Molitor, Cito Gaston, I could go on. #@$% them, right in the neck. I hope they have, like, 10 Vernon Wells contracts that they can't get out of and sink into the abyss.

That was beautiful. I was 12.

Cito Sucks.

Toronto has been at the top of my list since '93. This only adds to an already sizable dislike.

It's funny how many people hate Toronto because of the Mussina snub in the 1993 all-star game, and yet hate Mussina as well for leaving the Orioles for the Yankees.

I must have been out of the country for the 1993 ASG, because I have no memory of that event. I was also out of the country when Jeffrey Maier stole the fly out from Tony Tarasco. And, I was out of town or out of the country for all four annoying games of the ALCS last fall. So, I didn't witness any of these unpleasant events. Next time the Orioles make the playoffs, I'm taking bribes to stay in town.

It's funny how many people hate Toronto because of the Mussina snub in the 1993 all-star game, and yet hate Mussina as well for leaving the Orioles for the Yankees.

I must have been out of the country for the 1993 ASG, because I have no memory of that event. I was also out of the country when Jeffrey Maier stole the fly out from Tony Tarasco. And, I was out of town or out of the country for all four annoying games of the ALCS last fall. So, I didn't witness any of these unpleasant events. Next time the Orioles make the playoffs, I'm taking bribes to stay in town.

Well, stay in the %&X@+* country!!

Archived