Do you hate Toronto as much as NY and Boston now?

Frobby

Do you hate Toronto as much as NY and Boston now?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hate Toronto as much as NY and Boston now?

• I hate them MORE than NY and Boston!
    • Yes, and I doubt that will change
    • Yes, for right now, not forever
    • No, NY and Boston are still worse

This poll is closed to new votes

It's funny how many people hate Toronto because of the Mussina snub in the 1993 all-star game, and yet hate Mussina as well for leaving the Orioles for the Yankees.

I must have been out of the country for the 1993 ASG, because I have no memory of that event. I was also out of the country when Jeffrey Maier stole the fly out from Tony Tarasco. And, I was out of town or out of the country for all four annoying games of the ALCS last fall. So, I didn't witness any of these unpleasant events. Next time the Orioles make the playoffs, I'm taking bribes to stay in town.

For the record, I didn't change my feelings toward Mussina when he left for NY. In his place, I would have made the same choice under the circumstances. I sincerely wish that it would have been some team other than the Yankees, though.

Most Baltimore fans felt deeply betrayed by Mussina leaving and I get that. I'm certain I'll feel that way about Duquette if he leaves for Toronto. The difference is, I didn't feel used when Mussina left, only sad.

I'm an easy touch when the O's are in the post season, I'll kick in for the bribe.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Olerud wore his helmet on the field after suffering a brain aneurysm in college. To surgically remove the aneurysm, doctors had to drill through his skull at the left temple.

Source

In this day and age with untold TBI to our servicemen and women, to former NFLers (and non-professional football players) -- I've got no issues with Olie and his on-field helmet.

The rest of your list.......well yeah. :thumbsup1:

I know about Olerud and the helmet and why he wore it, doesn't mean that I still hated him and how he peeked out at everything from underneath of it. He always had, like, a permanent squint on his face. I just hated looking at him. Irrational, yes, and I don't care.

It's funny how many people hate Toronto because of the Mussina snub in the 1993 all-star game, and yet hate Mussina as well for leaving the Orioles for the Yankees.

I must have been out of the country for the 1993 ASG, because I have no memory of that event. I was also out of the country when Jeffrey Maier stole the fly out from Tony Tarasco. And, I was out of town or out of the country for all four annoying games of the ALCS last fall. So, I didn't witness any of these unpleasant events. Next time the Orioles make the playoffs, I'm taking bribes to stay in town.

Yeah, well, Mussina was still OUR GUY back then. Had no idea that he'd backstab us later. So when looking back on the circumstances of it, it still makes sense to me.

Toronto are cheating, sign stealing, steroid using, GM poaching bastards. If they had won anything over the last 10 years there's no question who I would dislike the most.

Boston has their stupid beards, Dustin Pedroia and David Ortiz, and fair weather fans.

But the Yankees are still the team that I most want to lose, mostly because the national media and their fan base actually believe that what's good for the Yankees is what's good for baseball.

Toronto are cheating, sign stealing, steroid using, GM poaching bastards. If they had won anything over the last 10 years there's no question who I would dislike the most.

Boston has their stupid beards, Dustin Pedroia and David Ortiz, and fair weather fans.

But the Yankees are still the team that I most want to lose, mostly because the national media and their fan base actually believe that what's good for the Yankees is what's good for baseball.

I agree with you on the Yankees, but I think as a collective group we as Orioles fans cannot condemn others for steroid use. It was a league wide thing, and we've had our fair share of users too. Sorry to be off topic.

Do you blame DD for not being loyal (if he indeed leaves) more than the Blue Jays and their offer? I'm not sure what to think at this point.

Hating the Yankees is part of an oath an Orioles fan signs from day #1. I didn't really started hating on Boston until how obnoxious their fans have been since '04. Toronto has moved way up my list but it's still way behind those two. (Duke basketball will be forever #1)

I agree with everything here, just substitute Alabama football for Duke.

I agree with you on the Yankees, but I think as a collective group we as Orioles fans cannot condemn others for steroid use. It was a league wide thing, and we've had our fair share of users too. Sorry to be off topic.

Do you blame DD for not being loyal (if he indeed leaves) more than the Blue Jays and their offer? I'm not sure what to think at this point.

DD will be dead to me if he leaves. If not he's my favorite GM obviously.

“I asked, ‘For what position?’ ” Reinsdorf said Friday from Chicago. “Edward said, ‘For Paul Beeston’s job.’ ”

It could be pointed out here that Rogers’ knowledge of the baseball landscape was so deep, he did not know Beeston and Reinsdorf were best friends.

Reinsdorf said he told Rogers he would talk to Williams and call back.

“I called Paul and he was shocked,” Reinsdorf said. “Paul later said he had talked to the Rogers people.”

So Reinsdorf decided not to call back Ed Rogers.

I have decided that we don't need to play in Canada any longer.

I don't trust the some of the fans in that stadium, I don't care for the obvious bad chemistry their team has, but lately my ire is directed most at the Rogers.

Unreal.

...already heard on Wednesday the news of the death in Calgary of 41-year-old Brian Ludwig, allegedly in a fight that began over the state of Toronto’s pitching staff.

They hate their pitchers I see.

No, I don't. I hate the Red Sox and Yanks because they have a long history of abusing their market powers to win. I see them coolly writing checks to whomever they want as far more insidious than the Blue Jays' upper management's recent ham-fisted bumbling.

And I don't feel like being like a Nats' fan who despises all things Baltimore because Peter Angelos thinks DC belongs to him in perpetuity. Owners do dumb stuff.

Also, hard to truly hate a team/city/fanbase that'll let you go to their park with a Cito Sucks shirt on and they respond with "that's kind of rude". Wear the equivalent to, say, Morgantown and you'd get a shard of a moonshine bottle in your kidney.

At the moment I have to dislike TOR the most as they are completely classless in every facet. However, it's hard to hate a loser. I assume they will continue to be losers and so I don't think I will hate them like I will MFY and BOS given their money.

Archived