A Summary

weams

Why would Duquette want to work for the Rodgers bozo? The more that comes out the more it looks like there's potential for continued chaos from this guy.

Dan would be in charge. He'd micro manage everything and presumably Rogers would fade into the background in a similar way PA has since Buck and Dan took charge.

I think this whole thing proves they need him.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok. Wow. You are taking it to a different place, and I feel we are in different stages of grief. (Not discounting your POV, at all)

A week ago, I was here:

6. Initial Acceptance

Now I seem to be here:

7. Redirected Hope

I look forward to what comes next:

8. Swooning Over Prospects

I think this is baseball though, right? These guys move and do it often, and get paid pretty handsomely while working in baseball. "It's a business" cliches. Dan is no different, even though you and I may both wish he'd be the Os rock through multiple WS.

I doubt Dan is taking any of this lightly.

Honestly, I'd prefer everything have happened behind closed doors. Listening to sports people answer questions, especially DD, provides very little substance.

I feel strongly about this because it's how I live. I have 30-50 people that work for me at any given time. I'm recruited heavily. I'm just an IT Director, but I'm recruited for VP and higher positions. These positions come with things I don't have - guaranteed contracts, leased BMW's, 50-100% pay raises. I am fiercely loyal to my team, and they are what keeps me going to work every day. I take care of them - and they take care of me. I have enough things in life, and our relationship and taking care of them means more to me.

I feel strongly about this because it's how I live. I have 30-50 people that work for me at any given time. I'm recruited heavily. I'm just an IT Director, but I'm recruited for VP and higher positions. These positions come with things I don't have - guaranteed contracts, leased BMW's, 50-100% pay raises. I am fiercely loyal to my team, and they are what keeps me going to work every day. I take care of them - and they take care of me. I have enough things in life, and our relationship and taking care of them means more to me.

Fair enough. I dig the concept of having enough, despite not quite being there yet myself.

These guys move and do it often, and get paid pretty handsomely while working in baseball. "It's a business" cliches. Dan is no different, even though you and I may both wish he'd be the Os rock through multiple WS.

I doubt Dan is taking any of this lightly.

Honestly, I'd prefer everything have happened behind closed doors. Listening to sports people answer questions, especially DD, provides very little substance.

Blame the Canadians on that. They invoked the media storm to influence our elderly ownership.

If I have met anyone who is unemotional about how he does his job well, it is Dan Duquette. There is no damage. He has been given the chance to leave for an appropriate compensation. It will be over soon.

Yeah, Dan and you are not similar people. I like you both.

Some would say that your loyalty is misplaced. For your sake, I hope your employers are as loyal to you as you are to them. That would make them very unusual employers (or, the government).

Some would say that your loyalty is misplaced. For your sake, I hope your employers are as loyal to you as you are to them. That would make them very unusual employers (or, the government).

I don't really care about my employer being loyal to me - and I'm not being loyal to them. I'm loyal to my employees and peers that give me everything they've got. And also to some extent, the customers that count on us. And if I ever happen to be cast aside, it will be with a clean conscience and a good reputation within my network of prospective employers.

I don't really care about my employer being loyal to me - and I'm not being loyal to them. I'm loyal to my employees and peers that give me everything they've got. And also to some extent, the customers that count on us. And if I ever happen to be cast aside, it will be with a clean conscience and a good reputation within my network of prospective employers.

If you ever discover that there is someone in your organization more capable of leading them, will you step down?

Oh well LaCava will be shown the door the day DD arrives in Toronto. He won't be able to get a job here that is for sure. Really stipupid to bad mouth the Os like he did. Very limited amount of jobs in MLB. Hard to get one when you mock teams trying to hire you.

I think LaCava will be okay. He and AA haven't done nearly as poor a job as people think. That org is in solid shape.

I think LaCava will be okay. He and AA haven't done nearly as poor a job as people think. That org is in solid shape.

If Dan shows up, they will be gone. There are a group of folks who think that Beeston's last straw was not firing them both this year.

This is an interesting move by Rogers. He's likely to get his second choice in Duquette. He's likely to be seen across baseball as, at the very least, underhanded in his dealings with his peers. And there is no guarantee that Duquette will do well in the President and CEO role in Toronto. He has been a very good GM but the role of CEO and President has many other responsibilities and Duquette may not possess the talent to execute them. His time in Boston ended badly, IIRC, and he has never been thought of a charismatic leader. In fact he's rather awkward socially. This may not end well for either Toronto or DD.

This is an interesting move by Rogers. He's likely to get his second choice in Duquette. He's likely to be seen across baseball as' date=' at the very least, underhanded in his dealings with his peers. And there is no guarantee that Duquette will do well in the President and CEO role in Toronto. He has been a very good GM but the role of CEO and President has many other responsibilities and Duquette may not possess the talent to execute them. His time in Boston ended badly, IIRC, and he has never been thought of a charismatic leader. In fact he's rather awkward socially. This may not end well for either Toronto or DD.[/quote']

I hope in Dan's case that it does. I like him quite a bit. Good insight.

Also, Rogers supposedly has a hard budget as well.

...if the club can convince Rogers Communications to shell out the money. At present, however, Toronto only has the budget to allow for a bullpen upgrade or two.

mlbtraderumors.com

Archived