Blue Jays end negotiations for Dan Duquette (Beeston re-signs for 2015 season)

xian4

This is the essence of the situation to me. We can go round and round about everything else trying to place blame, but Blue the Jays set this in motion, and you can't unring a bell.

Especially when the postman rings it.

He always rings twice.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He got caught the first time he tried to juice? Can't really argue with someone who wants to believe that.

Why isn't that plausible? I'm sure plenty of players have been caught the first time. I said maybe. We won't know anything for sure unless Cruz comes out and says he was juicing his whole career. Is the MLB drug testing system so broken that they wouldn't have caught him that whole time?

I do not believe that this is over. But if it is, it is the worst case scenario for the Baltimore Orioles. You have a GM who wants to be somewhere else. You have a GM who has crapped in his own nest. And you have a fan base that feels there GM neglected the Team all offseason long, and rightfully so, posturing for a new job with a division rival. A completely untenable situation.

You think Peter Angelos still trusts this guy? Lol, of course he doesn't. Going forward Dan can expect to sit at his desk and do what Buck asks him to do and nothing more.

My feelings exactly.......

The Orioles are insane to want Hoffman and 2 other top presidents for a suit. Not accepting just Hoffman is going to come back to haunt us.

The odds of someone like Hoffman being productive in the bigs is probably less than 50 percent. That is why you always get multiple prospects when you have a guy under control for multiple years.

Isn't it pretty apparent that ARod has been juicing most of his career? Has he ever failed a test? Ryan Braun never failed a test. Has anyone ever gotten caught the first time they tried to juice. Certainly possible. Lot's of things are possible. Just not likely. It's what you want to believe. It just strains common sense.

Midstream urine.

Isn't it pretty apparent that ARod has been juicing most of his career? Has he ever failed a test? Ryan Braun never failed a test. Has anyone ever gotten caught the first time they tried to juice. Certainly possible. Lot's of things are possible. Just not likely. It's what you want to believe. It just strains common sense.

Ryan Braun failed a test.

I do not believe that this is over. But if it is, it is the worst case scenario for the Baltimore Orioles. You have a GM who wants to be somewhere else. You have a GM who has crapped in his own nest. And you have a fan base that feels there GM neglected the Team all offseason long, and rightfully so, posturing for a new job with a division rival. A completely untenable situation.

You think Peter Angelos still trusts this guy? Lol, of course he doesn't. Going forward Dan can expect to sit at his desk and do what Buck asks him to do and nothing more.

You captured my sentiments. exactly. Well, minus LOL reference. I'm a 40 year old male, so I can't get away with using that term without a few eye rolls.

I believe just the opposite. If the situation is over, consider Dan's predicament. Angelos has purposely set the bar so high that no other organization will try to get permission to interview DD while he remains under contract with the O's. The fact that he seemed willing to leave, and did not put an end to the story earlier on, will make other clubs think twice about offering him a position even after his contract with the O's is over. His only hope is to out-perform all expectations for the next 4 years. He'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder, just like Buck likes 'em.

Archived