Blue Jays end negotiations for Dan Duquette (Beeston re-signs for 2015 season)

xian4

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure Roch is getting his info from the Orioles. I'm also pretty sure the company line is not going to contradict what PA said regardless of whether it's the truth or not.

At the end of the day, Angelos would have been right to ask for significant return for a GM he has locked up for four more years. Especially when you consider the fact the Blue Jays are in the division and how they went about all of this.

Glad to see Duquette stay regardless of how all this went down. At the end of the day the Orioles have been very good since he's been here and I would expect him to continue to do his best for the organization. Saying that, I'm concerned over the reported riffs within the organization and will be interested to see how this plays out.

I think Dan will be able to talk with you after Thursday ;)

Demand was Hoffman, Pentecost and Mitch Nay.

Seems like a fair deal forboth sides. If Blue Jays can't come up with something significant they can go another 23 years without making playoffs. New York Post said Orioles initially asked for Bautista and Blue Jays rebuffed them.

Seems like a fair deal forboth sides. If Blue Jays can't come up with something significant they can go another 23 years without making playoffs. New York Post said Orioles initially asked for Bautista and Blue Jays rebuffed them.

I would go with 3 prospects I just don't see Bautista as a winner. I can't remember his contract but I would rather 3 cost control guys rather than that prima donna

I would go with 3 prospects I just don't see Bautista as a winner. I can't remember his contract but I would rather 3 cost control guys rather than that prima donna

I don't want Bautista. He'll get busted for PEDs sooner or later. And he won't be the same player without the sign stealer in Toronto.

I don't want Bautista. He'll get busted for PEDs sooner or later. And he won't be the same player without the sign stealer in Toronto.

I agree. I'm sure he gets caught as soon as he is on a US franchise. I'm sure mlb pretends they don't see anything given the guy is the only reason jays sell tickets.

Give me the highly drafted, cost controlled honest guys. Not low character cheats like Bautista who will decline pretty soon and really isn't a clutch player/winner

It will go something like..."The Orioles asked for an unrealistic return. This isn't over. PA is holding Dan hostage"...yada yada yada.

Beyond that even, they (Ken Rosenthal et al) will now harp on it all season, every time a move isn't made (e.g. July trade deadline). It will get very unpleasant, just as it was with Toronto and John Farrell (as mentioned in the sportsnet.ca article), and then I expect a trade will be worked out next offseason as the only way to stop the madness and bad press.

I agree. I'm sure he gets caught as soon as he is on a US franchise. I'm sure mlb pretends they don't see anything given the guy is the only reason jays sell tickets.

Give me the highly drafted, cost controlled honest guys. Not low character cheats like Bautista who will decline pretty soon and really isn't a clutch player/winner

Bautista doesn't seem like a player Buck would want on the team. Constant mouthing off to umps and opposing players. Every time they show him, he's complaining about something. Seems like a real headache. He's a classless loser.

Bautista doesn't seem like a player Buck would want on the team. Constant mouthing off to umps and opposing players. Every time they show him, he's complaining about something. Seems like a real headache. He's a classless loser.

He's on the right team, then.

Archived