Reimold could make an impact if healthy

wildcard

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His FB velocity was down. He went from high 90s to 92-93, pretty good drop.

I suspect if they didn't have a true case, Houston would be all over this and demand his return.

I think we got him from Boston. But yeah, I see where you're coming from.

I don't recall, but wasn't there a corresponding injury (Davis) that allowed him to return within 10 days? If not, what would prevent a team to play the DFA game for roster flexibility on out of options guys? For example, Brad Brach, you pitched 3 innings last night and we can't use for two more days. We are waiving you, wink, wink, but don't go anywhere, you'll be back on day 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. So, you bring up Borbon on Sunday and Lough after 10 days are up.

I think we got him from Boston. But yeah, I see where you're coming from.

We got him from Houston, who got him from Boston, but yeah, your right, he goes back to Boston.

Garcia, a 22-year-old who's never pitched above High-A, began the day with the Red Sox organization. He was first selected by the Astros in the Rule 5 draft, then traded to the Orioles for cash. Because he was a Rule 5 pick, the O's would have to keep Garcia on the roster or offer him back to the Red Sox.

I don't see why they just don't DFA Lough and bring up Bourbon, but why not wait until Sunday? What's the hurry with Reimold? Are we going to be seeing a lot of LHP the next 6 days?

Two of the Red Sox starters are southpaws. Haven't seen the Yankees probables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see why they just don't DFA Lough and bring up Bourbon, but why not wait until Sunday? What's the hurry with Reimold? Are we going to be seeing a lot of LHP the next 6 days?

Magic

[video=youtube;nNgimQxQuXM]

and then...

[video=youtube;KbaYeerU4A8]

FWIW, Dan Duquette was interviewed this morning on WFAN. He plays his cards close to the vest but when asked about the upcoming roster move he mentioned that he wants to keep as much talent in the organization as possible, and mentioned that a couple of pitchers have options.

So that also suggests that it will be Macfarland or Cabral sent out, rather than an outfielder being DFAd.

FWIW, Dan Duquette was interviewed this morning on WFAN. He plays his cards close to the vest but when asked about the upcoming roster move he mentioned that he wants to keep as much talent in the organization as possible, and mentioned that a couple of pitchers have options.

So that also suggests that it will be Macfarland or Cabral sent out, rather than an outfielder being DFAd.

Of course it is.

Archived