For All Those Not Worried About Our Offense

brianod

It doesn't sound like you have any of the answers though. And the people you are criticizing and mocking have some. How does that work? The Orioles have been outspending the Mets and Cubs. Two Enormous market teams for several years running. Increasing payroll and having players that other teams covet for several years. How is it a holding pattern?

All offseason long, any displeasure at the lack of movement has been met with unreasonable, excessive criticism and snark mockery. I'm not going after anyone. I'm just saying that I'm not the only Orioles fan who was dissatisfied with the results of our lackluster offseason.

MSK

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we keep what we have, Tillman and Gonzo will cost about $13M. Another $13M to Ubaldo. And Gausman. If they want to add a TOR, it will only work with a trade of one of the pricy carry overs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are losing Chen and Norris. That's about 14M. Gausman wont cost much. I don't think we need a TOR, if one of Tillman or Gausman take a step forward, but it is an option. especially if Bundy isn't ready to come up. I do think it would make sense to go after a bat like Upton or Heyward, though I doubt they will.

All offseason long, any displeasure at the lack of movement has been met with unreasonable, excessive criticism and snark mockery. I'm not going after anyone. I'm just saying that I'm not the only Orioles fan who was dissatisfied with the results of our lackluster offseason.

MSK

Don't be a group. Be yourself. And you are never mocked. Or criticized. You are simply debated.

I'm just saying that I'm not the only Orioles fan who was dissatisfied with the results of our lackluster offseason.

MSK

The offseason winner so that I can save them to see their year end results? Please tell me who had a good off season. In your mind.

We are losing Chen and Norris. That's about 14M. Gausman wont cost much. I don't think we need a TOR, if one of Tillman or Gausman take a step forward, but it is an option. especially if Bundy isn't ready to come up. I do think it would make sense to go after a bat like Upton or Heyward, though I doubt they will.

I would hope they spend on an OF, especially if Wieters and Davis leave. Doesn't leave us with much offense and not much coming from the farm.

MSK

You are right about the end. Most people here thought it was lackluster. And a lot of people aren't sold about Wieters, Davis, and Machado coming back. But people also realize that Cruz isn't likely to repeat. And that Markakis is likely easily replaceable.

If you aren't happy with the results you get, maybe consider your delivery method.

Don't be a group. Be yourself. And you are never mocked. Or criticized. You are simply debated.

I admit that I can mock.

I think his plans are simple and don't go much deeper than throwing money at things.

There's no accountability on a forum. If the team fails to sign a guy to some 7 year deal in 2009, nobody remembers it in 2015. But if he (or people like him) had his way of running the team, we'd be perpetually loaded down with guys who aren't playing as well as they did when we signed them after their walk season. It's just ridiculous. How many terrible big FA contracts do we have to see before this crowd gets the point.

No. I don't. I think everyone wants to improve the team.

Not me dude. I would rather run statistical algorithms, deploy the cheapest team possible and defend Peter Angelos at every opportunity. There are plenty like of us too. That's all MSK is saying.

Not me dude. I would rather run statistical algorithms, deploy the cheapest team possible and defend Peter Angelos at every opportunity. There are plenty like of us too. That's all MSK is saying.

Don't be a group. Be yourself.

The most important stat of them all: WAR/$.

The Holy Grail of baseball stats.

As long as they win that category, who cares if they win 60 games.

Attendance is a red hearing and you should know that. Baseball teams make their money off of tv contracts, we aren't in 1920 anymore.

Umm.. TV contracts take the biggest hit in total revenue lost during the revenue sharing process. Even before you (a team) spends $1 on payroll, MLB collects its 34% from TV deals.

If attendance was a determinant of how much money a team has to spend, the Orioles would have more money to spend than the Yankees. Come on, you can't be serious.

Dude, it's call ticket prices. Orioles can sell out 81 games a year... and won't come close to the Yankees bring in. Consider lower bowl costs at Yankee Stadium is $120 on the low end.. and surpasses $250 a ticket the closer you get. While Oriole Park seats in the field box are going $95 on opening day.

Archived