For All Those Not Worried About Our Offense

brianod

They both looked great. So did Bourbon in Center. Steve Johnson actually looked ok. Chris Davis is lost in his Boras Family Moment.

Davis and Jones looking really bad right now. Jones worse, but its hard to be worried about Jones considering his track record. Seams like Davis is putting balls in the air and the the opposite field, so I feel good he may be ok.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davis and Jones looking really bad right now. Jones worse, but its hard to be worried about Jones considering his track record. Seams like Davis is putting balls in the air and the the opposite field, so I feel good he may be ok.

Davis is taking a lot of pitches. He seems to be working on just seeing the ball as much as anything. He said on an MLB Radio interview that he's been watching video of his 2013 spring training at bats. Says he wasn't prepared last season because he came into camp trying to pick up where he left off instead of using spring training correctly. Hope he's right.

I was impressed. Not just the velocity but that stuff had nice downward trajectory. Not sure if he's starter material but I see really good reliever written all over him.

I really like his stuff and his delivery. Very composed out there as well.

Acknowledgement of poor approach is half the battle.

I'd like to see Adam say that he swings at too many non-strikes, and is working on reducing that (which would not mean he have to be less aggressive swinging at strikes.) He consistently rankis highly in the category of swinging at non-strikes. But, that isn't going to change, and life will go on.

The team's offensive woes thus far this spring do concern me, but I completely realize that we're only two weeks into spring training, so hopefully run-scoring will improve as we get toward the end of spring training.

While I realize that spring training stats are irrelevant and you can't really tell anything from the results, the continued ineptitude against minor league pitching may just be raising a little bit of alarm.

It is the consistency of not scoring that is worrisome to me. If we were 3-12 and had lost while our starters were good and our hitters were good, I wouldn't be too worried.

While I realize that spring training stats are irrelevant and you can't really tell anything from the results, the continued ineptitude against minor league pitching may just be raising a little bit of alarm.

It is the consistency of not scoring that is worrisome to me. If we were 3-12 and had lost while our starters were good and our hitters were good, I wouldn't be too worried.

The Orioles don't look good right now. The loss of legit offense producers coupled with the continued dependence on major question marks is going to be problematic. This entire season is based upon Davis and Wieters somehow regaining their form.

It's kind of horrifying but we don't have much of choice because our GM (who was halfway out of the organization this offseason) is a genius.

MSK

Archived