For All Those Not Worried About Our Offense

brianod

While I realize that spring training stats are irrelevant and you can't really tell anything from the results, the continued ineptitude against minor league pitching may just be raising a little bit of alarm.

I'm actually less concerned for that reason, you have a bunch of guys who haven't faced ML pitching in a while going against guys many have probably never seen, and who might be higher on the throttle because they have more to prove than the established guys who are guaranteed spots and might be working on certain things.

Who really knows... I just don't put much stock into Spring Training. There's a reason it doesn't count.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Orioles don't look good right now. The loss of legit offense producers coupled with the continued dependence on major question marks is going to be problematic. This entire season is based upon Davis and Wieters somehow regaining their form.

It's kind of horrifying but we don't have much of choice because our GM (who was halfway out of the organization this offseason) is a genius.

MSK

Yeah, that ace you wanted us to sign would totally be helping the team score more runs right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad everyone thinks the situation is funny. I was making suggestions on how to improve the team rather than try to pretend there's nothing wrong.

Oh well.

MSK

Please tell us how another pitcher would help this team? BTW, nice little dig.

The Orioles don't look good right now. The loss of legit offense producers coupled with the continued dependence on major question marks is going to be problematic. This entire season is based upon Davis and Wieters somehow regaining their form.

It's kind of horrifying but we don't have much of choice because our GM (who was halfway out of the organization this offseason) is a genius.

MSK

There is no suggestion to make the team better in this post. No suggestion. None. Just a taunt of our GM and a negative "I told you so" missive. Some folks want to wait until the weather is warm in Baltimore before jumping to the Canadian team bandwagon.

Please tell us how another pitcher would help this team? BTW, nice little dig.

We could trade Nolan Reimold for 2 ACES and then trade one of the ACES for a really good hitter. Didn't think of that did ya?

There is no suggestion to make the team better in this post. No suggestion. None. Just a taunt of our GM and a negative "I told you so" missive. Some folks want to wait until the weather is warm in Baltimore before jumping to the Canadian team bandwagon.

Canadians are out of money.

Cubs bandwagon leaving in 20 minutes.

Right, but do you see an overall pattern on the OH regarding criticizing those who have a problem with the lack of movement/improvement?

In November: "It's November, let's wait until December before we complain."

In December: "It's not even January, there's still a lot of offseason left, how about we give our GM some time because of our recent winning seasons."

In January: "We still have time left, our GM will make some smart trades, etc., so no reason to panic."

In February: "Davis and Wieters are going to bounce back so it didn't make sense to give Nelson Cruz any money."

In March: "Let's wait until the weather is warm in Baltimore."

This team doesn't look good at the moment. Sure, things COULD bounce in our direction, but that hasn't happened on the field yet.

Deflection is par for the course around here sometimes, but the reality is that the team is missing an offensive spark. We had one, he's in Seattle right now.

MSK

In December: "It's not even January, there's still a lot of offseason left, how about we give our GM some time because of our recent winning seasons."

The Orioles spent the most they have ever spent all the while being embroiled in a lawsuit that may mean they can not afford to.

Right, but do you see an overall pattern on the OH regarding criticizing those who have a problem with the lack of movement/improvement?

In November: "It's November, let's wait until December before we complain."

In January: "We still have time left, our GM will make some smart trades, etc., so no reason to panic."

In February: "Davis and Wieters are going to bounce back so it didn't make sense to give Nelson Cruz any money."

In March: "Let's wait until the weather is warm in Baltimore."

This team doesn't look good at the moment. Sure, things COULD bounce in our direction, but that hasn't happened on the field yet.

Deflection is par for the course around here sometimes, but the reality is that the team is missing an offensive spark. We had one, he's in Seattle right now.

MSK

Only deflection I see here is from you. This will be the fourth time I have asked you how this team would be improved with the addition of an ace, as currently constructed. If you could actually answer, instead of deflecting, that would be phenomenal.

Archived