For All Those Not Worried About Our Offense

brianod

Schoop's new athleticism and more discriminating eye could also make him much better at the plate than last year.
I have very high hope for Manny this season. Putting up numbers like that would not shock me.

I am also hopeful that JJ will have better power numbers.

Manny and Schoop will be the X-factors this year. If Manny can continue to improve and come back from this knee injury and if Schoop can lift his OBP 30-50 points, the two of them could put our offense over the top.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Third in MLB in total bases. Eighth in runs scored.

What teams had a ''great'' offense last year?

What criteria do you use to determine a ''great offense''?

Boston had a great offense in 2013, over 5 runs a game. I guess I what I am talking about is an offense that can carry the team to overcome mediocre pitching. The Angels had a great year last year when you consider the park they play in.

I had to chuckle about 30 secomes after reading this Schoop made a first pitch out.

From the end of the article.

Hardy said Schoop's offensive improvement is already evident this spring.

"Just his first couple of at-bats this year in spring training, you see him laying off sliders that he swung at all year last year," Hardy said. "And he's aware of that type of stuff. He comes up to me and he'll let me know. He'll say, 'You see me lay off those sliders? I spit on those.' He's aware of what he's doing, and I think he understands, too, that the sky's the limit. He can be really, really good. He expects it right now. He thinks he should be … I think he has the chance to be very, very good. He's young, and it takes some time."

Something to consider:

"Spring hasn't gone the way we wanted to so far, but you have to look at the big picture. Even though we are not scoring a lot, been proud of some of the at-bats we're having. A lot of guys are seeing a good number of pitches and they are working on things, which a lot of times you don't see in the boxscore. It's important. These games are to prepare you for the season and that is what guys are doing.

"The first couple of weeks you are getting your timing down. For me I want to see as many pitches as you can. That can mean you go up there and it's 0-2. Think I've been in a number of 0-2 counts and worked my way back to 3-2 and gotten a walk. That is a big deal for me, a guy that strikes out a lot, to get comfortable hitting with two strikes."

Thought we hit some balls pretty well today. Pearce and Snyder looked especially good. Hopefully a sign that things will improve and get on track for the season.

They both looked great. So did Bourbon in Center. Steve Johnson actually looked ok. Chris Davis is lost in his Boras Family Moment.

Archived