Sun-Times says O's want Cedeno, Gallagher, and 2 more prospects

Bigbie03

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see how Murton doesn't make much sense with Scott in LF, and Reimold coming up soon. What about Gallagher, Cedeno, Veal, and Patterson? I don't like the idea of trading BRob without getting a potential leadoff guy back. I really like Patterson's potential granted he can become an average defender at 2B.

I see how Murton doesn't make much sense with Scott in LF, and Reimold coming up soon. What about Gallagher, Cedeno, Veal, and Patterson? I don't like the idea of trading BRob without getting a potential leadoff guy back. I really like Patterson's potential granted he can become an average defender at 2B.

I like that trade, but I get the feeling the O's want to get a better look at Veal before making a trade.

Hendry is going to trade Patterson either in the Roberts deal or to get a outfielder the hits right handed and plays all 3 positions.The White Sox are said to be looking at Patterson and there are offering Brian Anderson.That is per Bruce Levine of Espn 1000 chicago.I believe if Am wants E Pat Hendry would trade him in the Roberts deal.The Cubs are really excited about Thomas as there future 2nd baseman in 2 to 3 years.

I think you hit the nail on the head Peace on Veal he has mid 90's stuff the only thing he lacks in command.If you look at his strikeouts to innings pitched you can tell he has electric stuff.From what I here he has been throwing the ball well so far.He lives in AZ so he reported early.Another kid is Suarez he is only 19 and he is a big kid from Venezuela.They call him baby Zambrano.He throws real hard but has know control right now.

Guest oriofan8
Thats not very nice.I really enjoy coming here this board has some real good fans that have knowledge of the game.If and when Roberts gets dealt I will still be a frequent visitor.

That's just Cindy...she means no harm...she just really loves Roberts !!

Long time lurker.

I don't get that at all. A vast majority of Cub fans who have visited have been friendly and knowledgeable. The main suitor for Roberts is the Cubs, and who better to discuss what's being offered? Unless you can get Jim Hendry or Tim Wilken to join OH.

Not to pick on you specifically, as some others also mention not wanting to block Reimold, but since your post is the latest example...

Reimold is a 24 year old prospect whose never hit above AA, and he only accumulated 186 ABs there. You can't hold a spot on the big league team for him. While he has talent, he has also shown to be injury prone, and also has a few warts. If he pans out, great. There will be room for him one way or another. If he doesn't pan out, what then? Contact Jeff Conine's agent?

There was a time when we hoped that Luis Matos, Larry Bigbie, Val Majewski, Jeff Fiorentino etc would be major league outfield solutions, but none panned out. I'm not giving up on Reimold. Far from it. But to keep a spot open for him is folly.

OK. Sorry for the rant.

I think you hit the nail on the head Peace on Veal he has mid 90's stuff the only thing he lacks in command.If you look at his strikeouts to innings pitched you can tell he has electric stuff.From what I here he has been throwing the ball well so far.He lives in AZ so he reported early.Another kid is Suarez he is only 19 and he is a big kid from Venezuela.They call him baby Zambrano.He throws real hard but has know control right now.

I thought Carlos was "baby Zambrano" ;)

If Patterson is #4 I'll be quite happy.

Gallagher, Cedeno, Patterson, and Veal would be a solid trade.

We fill 3 holes on the MLB roster immediately (Gallagher would be the #1 candidate for the #5 spot, Cedeno at SS and Patterson at 2B) and get a decent pitching prospect, although someone who I think will ultimately end up as a solid reliever in the bigs.

Three guys agreed to (according to bigbird who I trust on here) is good to hear.

I think I would like these trades if one goes down (in order):

Roberts and Payton for Gallagher(anyone else have to look up his name everytime you post it for spelling? :D ), Cedeno, Veal and Colvin

Roberts and Payton for Gallagher, Cedeno, Veal and PTBNL (Thomas)

Roberts and Payton for Gallagher, Cedeno, Veal and Patterson

I would take either of those deals. I think they would all be fair for both sides. If you guys could ONLY get one, which would you choose? Cedeno or Petterson?

Archived