Sun-Times says O's want Cedeno, Gallagher, and 2 more prospects

Bigbie03

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well - I guess the only piece of good news there is that Angelos supports McPhail.

Hopefully it's a worthwhile return!

I know it's a stretch... but I think Angelos signed off on this long ago. ;) I think the "holdup" is MacPhail. Waiting to get his BEST return. :)

If the players coming with those two are not named Colvin and Veal or Ceda than AM should tell the Cubs to move on.

Its funny that colvin is ranked higher than any position player in your system (according to BA so dont talk about reimold or rowell yall would be lucky to get him) outside of weiters who has never had a minor league at bat. I have also never seen a single legitimate cleveland offer from any source other than your "insiders" i hope b rob becomes a cub but i want to do it at a price that works for both. In my opinion what is fair for an all star on a team that had no all stars when he was one (and leadoff is not a position)

Veal, Gallagher, Cedeno Murton

Roberts Payton

its funny that i get neg repped not for disobeying rules but for having an opinion when people like Sports guy think that Peralta Barfield and Marte are coming

realy like adam jones

someone link a source that the indians are interested??? just one??? If not Macphail is posturing

Its funny that colvin is ranked higher than any position player in your system (according to BA so dont talk about reimold or rowell yall would be lucky to get him) outside of weiters who has never had a minor league at bat. I have also never seen a single legitimate cleveland offer from any source other than your "insiders" i hope b rob becomes a cub but i want to do it at a price that works for both. In my opinion what is fair for an all star on a team that had no all stars when he was one (and leadoff is not a position)

Roberts Payton

its funny that i get neg repped not for disobeying rules but for having an opinion when people like Sports guy think that Peralta Barfield and Marte are coming

realy like adam jones

someone link a source that the indians are interested??? just one??? If not Macphail is posturing

Honestly, Veal, Gallagher, Cedeno and Murton is too much for Roberts and Payton. Switch Fontenot for Murton and you have a very fair deal. In the end it may be Murton, but IMO that would not be a good deal by the Cubs. Either way, I believe it will end soon and Cubs fans can leave the O's fans alone. I am sure many will be very happy.

Its funny that colvin is ranked higher than any position player in your system (according to BA so dont talk about reimold or rowell yall would be lucky to get him) outside of weiters who has never had a minor league at bat. I have also never seen a single legitimate cleveland offer from any source other than your "insiders" CLE's interest has been reported other places. Specific offers haven't been reported but that doesn't mean anything. i hope b rob becomes a cub but i want to do it at a price that works for both. In my opinion what is fair for an all star on a team that had no all stars when he was one (and leadoff is not a position) When BR was an all star in 2005 we had 2-3 others as well. Miggy may nbot have been an all star last year but he was hurt so we'll never know.

Roberts Payton

I haven't read th erules in a while but can you get negative rep for stating things as fact but being inaccurate?

realy like adam jones

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7650072

The Cubs remain the most likely fit for Roberts. The Mets made a strong run at Bedard at the general managers' meetings in November. The Indians, who have explored trades for impact players all off-season, like both Roberts and Bedard.

I've seen it other places as well.

Roberts Payton

realy like adam jones

I am not sure we are disagreeing on the Indians being a player in the Roberts saga. I do not think there is a Cleveland offer. There have been rumors and posters coming up with an idea but nothing substansial. IMO the 4 names you mentioned are not enough. I do not like Murton, he may just be another version of Jay Payton. Maybe more power and younger, but not as good defensively. He would just perpetuate the log jam we have at the corners right now. Roberts was an all star when he was our only one but he deserved it. Markakis could have been selected also, and Bedard could also have been picked, so it was just not that the Orioles needed to have a guy. I see that from many Cub posters and with all due respect that is just wrong and uninformed.

As far as leadoff being a position, I do not believe I said it was, but it is a very important spot in the lineup. A great lead off hitter and IMO Roberts is, sets the rest of the lineup up. That is a fact. You have a good lineup that would even be better by moving Soriano down.

I really feel like he could put you over the top in the NL, and that should cost. No to Murton, add Colvin and I would be happy with the deal. If not that stop the talks and the O's can keep Roberts until the deadline. Someone will ante up then to make the pennant push.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7650072

I've seen it other places as well.

The date of this story is 1/8/08, almost 2 months ago. I'm not sure how a quote of The Indians, who have explored trades for impact players all off-season, like both Roberts and Bedard. equals genuine interest and means an offer has been made. I am not saying the Indians haven't made an offer, but there is very little evidence this is the case.

Roberts Payton

realy like adam jones

Yeah, I would probably do that deal. Throw Fontenot in and we can schedule the physicals.

Don't know if this was in the long Roberts thread, but thought it was interesting.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/cubs/821401,CST-SPT-cside02.article

"Three days into spring training games, and the battle for the Cubs' two openings in the starting rotation already is heating up -- and that's just the boiling commentary between one of the pitchers and the manager.

After a so-so two innings in his debut, pitcher Jason Marquis said Saturday that if he doesn't win a spot in the rotation, he wants to ''take my services elsewhere.''

To which manager Lou Piniella snapped back, ''Well, if that's the case, he can go somewhere else. How's that?''"

I guess this drives his value down as it seems they want to get him out of town before he becomes cancerous.

Archived