2015 Attendance Thread

OFFNY

Attendance for the year gets a giant *

One lockout game, three games in TB. For the rest of the year we have the actual totals and the "what if" totals. I'm not sure how valid comparisons to 2014 will be in light of all that has happened.

Brit recently tweeted today's official attendance as announced by the Orioles....ZERO!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brit recently tweeted today's official attendance as announced by the Orioles....ZERO!

Curious to see whether MLB makes them change that official attendance. MLB is quite firm about basing "attendance" on tickets sold, irrespective of how many are there to watch the game.

http://bats.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/22/the-official-attendance-can-become-empty-of-meaning/?_r=0

Given the uniqueness of the situation, maybe MLB will let the zero stand.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Attendance tonight at the Trop is 9,945, which will count toward the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a>' attendance. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rays?src=hash">#Rays</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">May 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Attendance tonight at the Trop is 9,945, which will count toward the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a>' attendance. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rays?src=hash">#Rays</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="
">May 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

i dont even want that to count for us. i rather them not count the game and the game average be higher

Attendance tonight at the Trop is 9,945, which will count toward the #Orioles' attendance. #Rays? Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) May 2, 2015

Shocked it is that low. Seems like a steal for baseball fans in general. Spring Training games have had higher attendance totals.

Shocked it is that low. Seems like a steal for baseball fans in general. Spring Training games have had higher attendance totals.

I was there, and was surprised by how large the crowd was and that Rays fans were so dominant. Expect more people tonight and tomorrow, now that Rays fans have seen on TV what's happening this weekend and how good the deal is. As for spring training, Red Sox, Blue Jays, and Phillies have the only Grapefruit League stadiums that hold more than 9,000. Cactus League stadiums are larger.

I'm surprised today. I would have guessed the weekend crowds would be much larger.

I guess this shows that if you build it and play major league baseball in it, some of them will come, even if what you build is truly awful. As long as you let them sit wherever they want in the lower deck for $15.

• 2 weeks later...

o

3-GAME SET, vs. Blue Jays (May 11th, 12th, 13th)

GAME 1:O 20,468 o(44.5%)

GAME 2:O 17,319 o(37.7%)

GAME 3:O 24,654 o(53.6%)

3-GAME TOTAL: OO) 62,441

3-GAME AVERAGE: o 20,814

For those going to the game Saturday. Protest march in the inner Harbor. Will start at 3 pm. Only expect about 100 or so people. I don't think any streets will be blocked for people going early to get something to eat or something. Probably no big deal but just wanted to let people know could be a little slower getting into downtown for people arriving early.

More than 100 are expected to meet at 3 p.m. Saturday at McKeldin Square and march through the Inner Harbor demanding amnesty for those arrested during the Freddie Gray protests in the past month, said the Rev. Cortly "C.D." Witherspoon, of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference.

o

3-GAME SET, vs. Angels (May 15th, 16th, 17th)

GAME 1:O 35,470 o(77.2%)

GAME 2:O 29,102 o(63.3%)

GAME 3:O 41,733 o(90.8%)

_________

3-GAME TOTAL: OO) 106,305

3-GAME AVERAGE: o 35,435

o

3-GAME SET, vs. Mariners (May 19th, 20th, 21st)

GAME 1:O 19,494 o(42.4%)

GAME 2:O 21,710 o(47.2%)

GAME 3:O 33,085 o(72.0%)

_________

3-GAME TOTAL: OO) 74,289

3-GAME AVERAGE: o 24,763

Archived