2015 Attendance Thread

OFFNY

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

3-GAME SET, vs. Astros (May 25th, 26th, 27th)

GAME 1:O 28,909 o(62.9%)

GAME 2:O 21,541 o(46.9%)

GAME 3:O 16,401 o(35.7%)

_________

3-GAME TOTAL: OO) 66,851

3-GAME AVERAGE: o 22,284

o

(MAY 28th)

1 for the game earlier this month (closed stadium.)

18,441 (40.1%) for the single-admission doubleheader today.

So technically, a total of 18,442 for these 3 games with the White Sox.

Thanks in part to the two games where attendance effectively was zero, plus the three Tampa home games, attendance is now down about 160,000 from last year. Ouch.

Which is why I said, "I'm not sure how valid comparisons to 2014 will be." Plus we have a team that is spinning wheels around the .500 mark. If that remains to be the case, attendance won't be there to pick up the slack for the lost gates.

Which is why I said, "I'm not sure how valid comparisons to 2014 will be." Plus we have a team that is spinning wheels around the .500 mark. If that remains to be the case, attendance won't be there to pick up the slack for the lost gates.

Not sure, if this team was 10 games above .500, would change the overall attendance much.

Spent the last two weekend at the Ocean, and with the really nice weather, the place was packed beyond packed.

Attendance is 627,925 through 22 true home dates. This does not include 3 games in TB. It does not include the 1st game of yesterday's DH, and it does not include the game where fans were barred from the stadium.

That's an average of 28,542 which is just below 2014's average attendance at year's end.

Looks like there could be 3 big crowds this weekend, too. Fireworks tonight, t-shirt giveaway tomorrow, and Little League Day on Sunday.

Not sure, if this team was 10 games above .500, would change the overall attendance much.

Spent the last two weekend at the Ocean, and with the really nice weather, the place was packed beyond packed.

i am not sure about that. The Nationals sold out last Saturday and Sunday . The days before Memorial Day. It was the Phillies who are not great. Also on Saturday,did not have many Philly fans in the stands to boost attendance.

i am not sure about that. The Nationals sold out last Saturday and Sunday . The days before Memorial Day. It was the Phillies who are not great. Also on Saturday,did not have many Philly fans in the stands to boost attendance.

The PA & Maryland crowd goes to the beach on nice weather summer weekend, especially holidays.

Judging by the plates that I saw, Barely saw any DC or VA plates.

I thought the DC and NOVA crowd heads south and west. But, I could be wrong.

o

3-GAME SET, vs. D-Rays (May 29th, 30th, 31st)

GAME 1:O 45,505 o(99.0%)

GAME 2:O 38,177 o(83.0%)

GAME 3:O 36,945 o(80.4%)

3-GAME TOTAL: OO) 120,627

3-GAME AVERAGE: o 40,209

• 2 weeks later...

Prior to the last couple seasons it seemed to be about 50/50 for O's Yanks game, especially for weekend series'. It's swung a little back to towards us lately, but their presence will be known and obnoxious.

There are just as many Yankee fans that live in Maryland and Virginia that will be at the park as will be coming down from New York. That's the problem with Yankee and Cowboy fans in this country. They are an infestation all over the country, most with no roots at all to the cities those teams come from. They are in an especial abundance in the DMV area.

Archived