• Last Reply
o

3-GAME SET, vs. Yankees

APRIL 13:o 21,633 o(47.1 % Full)

APRIL 14:o 19,283 o(41.9 % Full)

APRIL 15:o 23,409 o(50.9 % Full)

3-GAME TOTAL:OOo 64,325

3-GAME AVERAGE:o 21,442

You can blame the weather for Tuesday night, I suppose, but that's pretty pitiful for a Yankees series. I guess a lot of it is area Yankees fans jumping off the bandwagon now that the Yankees are a mediocrity, but Orioles fans don't seem to be picking up their slack.

We've had a home weekend and weekday series. The weekend series was against the Blue Jays and the weekday series against the Yankees. Last year we had two home weekend series to start the season. We opened against the World Series winning Red Sox and then had a second weekend series against the Blue Jays. This year we're up 4,000 through six dates. That doesn't sound too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People are putting way too much emphasis on attendance, especially two home series into the year. The bottom line is attendance is always fickle in April, especially during the week, and the real barometer for attendance is how the team is doing once school starts wrapping up and the weather warms up. If they're competitive, the people will come. If not, who knows.

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure which games you're talking about. Saturday's attendance was dismal due to the protests. Most of the club level, even the infield, was empty.

Not sure how you can call 36K + dismal when it was cold, rainy and flat out dangerous. 36K seems pretty great to me considering all those factors.

Not sure which games you're talking about. Saturday's attendance was dismal due to the protests. Most of the club level, even the infield, was empty.

I'm just commenting on paid attendance. I'm sure there were a substantial number of no shows.

Nice crowds this weekend. Now up 53,000 over 9 games so far. That's a bit misleading because we've played two weekend series in the 9 games, one against Boston.

That is good to see. Last year was kind of disappointing because of the year we had. I think the second half surge took a lot of people by surprise.

It was a crazy day. Some people got stuck in traffic and on closed streets. I think the Orioles should give a ticket to a non prime game later in the year for anyone who did not attend. Not the usual day in downtown Bmore.

From the Sun:

The attendance on Saturday night was announced as 36,757, which is based on tickets sold. The actual crowd was estimated at between 24,000 and 26,000, which means that about 30 percent of ticketholders chose to stay away.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/schmuck-blog/bal-calm-reigns-at-camden-yards-20150426-story.html

Archived