Who are the O's best 25?

wildcard

If we are going purely overall value rather than constructing a balanced team, I am not going with any relievers other than Britton and O'Day. I would rather have position players and starters.

Position players:

1. Jones 2. Machado 3. Hardy 4. Pearce 5. Davis 6. Wieters 7. De Aza 8. Snider 9. Schoop 10. Joseph 11. Cabrera 12. Flaherty 13. Alvarez 14. Reimold 15. Young

Pitchers:

1. Tillman 2. Chen 3. Gausman 4. Gonzo 5. Norris 6. Britton 7. O'Day 8. Jimenez 9. Tyler Wilson 10. Zach Davies

If I am trying to construct a roster with a balanced team, that is a different question.

Good point. If you are talking about over all value to the club, then you also have to take into consideration the FA's that will be leaving. Maybe we have to look at it as the 25 most valuable to the club this year.

If we are going purely overall value rather than constructing a balanced team, I am not going with any relievers other than Britton and O'Day. I would rather have position players and starters.

Position players:

1. Jones 2. Machado 3. Hardy 4. Pearce 5. Davis 6. Wieters 7. De Aza 8. Snider 9. Schoop 10. Joseph 11. Cabrera 12. Flaherty 13. Alvarez 14. Reimold 15. Young

Pitchers:

1. Tillman 2. Chen 3. Gausman 4. Gonzo 5. Norris 6. Britton 7. O'Day 8. Jimenez 9. Tyler Wilson 10. Zach Davies

If I am trying to construct a roster with a balanced team, that is a different question.

Even if we went this theory, Brach and Hunter are more valuable than Davies and Wilson. Also gotta go with Glynn Davis and Greg Lorenzo as pinch runners over Alvarez and Reimold.

Archived