Chris Tillman Today 2015

Il BuonO

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His command is spotty at best today. Two HRs already.

Yeah, the 2nd HR was a hanging CH to Pillar and he really had no business even throwing the pitch to him because in the 3rd he struck him out ( Tillman's only one of the game ) on all FBs.

The 2-2 pitch to Travis before he hit the LD which Snider misplayed wasn't made and he was forced to come in with a FB on 3-2. This happened quite a bit.

Poor FB command and he had no secondary pitches working either. That makes for a tough day.

o

8 OUTS: 2 Flyouts, 2 Popouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Strikeout, 1 Groundout

CHRIS TILLMAN O(vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/12)

IP:. 2.67

H:o 6 (2 Home Runs, 1 Double, 3 Singles)

R:O 7

ER:)3

BB: 3

SO: 1

Pitches: 79 (47 Strikes, 32 Balls)

2015 ERA: 3.86

PITCHES BY INNING

32 (20 Strikes, 12 Balls)

13 (10 Strikes, 31 Balls)

34 (17 Strikes, 17 Balls) *

* Tillman recorded 2 outs before departing in the 3rd inning.

It was obvious very early on that he didn't have it. Most of the outs and hits were fly balls, and that wasn't going to fly today with the wind blowing all over the place. Got 2 strikes on guys a couple of times but couldn't put them away. Didn't seem to have an out pitch.

Guest gausman37

Chris Tillman's advanced stats have never been that good. I'm concerned that he's more of a #4 starter going forward than the ace this team needs.

Today in particular he was really fighting his command. Couldn't throw any pitches for strikes consistently.

Not very good. He has to get something consistently working besides that 91 mph fastball. It drives up his pitch count because you aren't going to quickly put hitters away with it' date=' and you can only go through a lineup so many times with it.[/quote']

I agree and his FB command hasn't been great. However, command of his secondary pitches is spotty at best. He was better today on the whole compared to the last time out, though, so I'll take some small improvement as opposed to none. He had a huge SO of Pedroia to get out of a jam in the 5th.

It's early so there's time for him to find the rest of his game.

I agree and his FB command hasn't been great. However, command of his secondary pitches is spotty at best. He was better today on the whole compared to the last time out, though, so I'll take some small improvement as opposed to none. He had a huge SO of Pedroia to get out of a jam in the 5th.

My only concern is they were disappearing on him last year. His curve was not very good last year. I was hoping it would come back this year. I expect his fastball command to come back, I would be shocked if it didn't. But based on last year, I'm pessimistic about the others. He just doesn't seem to have a good feel for them, and hasn't in a while.

It was a terrible day to pitch.

I'll take him holding down the hottest offense to one run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a terrible day to pitch.

I'll take him holding down the hottest offense to one run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely. I'll take that.

He did get some nice defensive support from De Aza along the way, but like I said he came up with a big out himself vs Pedroia. And 5 SO in a little over 5 innings is a good ratio. His numbers were better all around in the second half last year. So, if he can avoid the occasional meltdown we saw in the first half last year he should be fine.

Archived