Chris Tillman Today 2015

Il BuonO

It has seemed to me that in Tillman's recent outings, every time the Orioles have scored, Chris has given up runs in the opponent's next at bat. I went through his game logs and here's what I found for the last four games.

Last night - O's score 1, gives up 2.

May 21 vs. Mariners - O's score 4, gives up 1.

May 12 vs. Toronto - O's score 2, gives ups 1.

May 7 vs. Yankees - O's score 1, gives up 2; O's score 1, gives up 1; O's score 1, gives up 1

Again, every one of these "gives up" references is in the opponents very next at bat. Very strange, and not in a good way.

Was he throwing up zeros when the O's were not scoring?

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mostly, except against the Blue Jays. His ERA is under 3 against everyone but the Blue Jays.

And most of his other starts have come against the worst offenses in the AL. TB x2, Boston, Seattle. The Yankees, Houston, and Toronto are the only respectable offenses he has faced this year. And he was rocked in every one of them except the Houston game.

And most of his other starts have come against the worst offenses in the AL. TB x2' date=' Boston, Seattle. The Yankees, Houston, and Toronto are the only respectable offenses he has faced this year. And he was rocked in every one of them except the Houston game.[/quote']

Thing how low his ERA would be if he got to face the Os.

First couple of runs were a bloop, walk, bloop, error. Hard to hold that sequence against him. Still, pitched out of trouble every inning. Eventually they made him pay. Could have been much worse than it was. Haven't heard anyone refer to Chris as our "ace" in a long long time.

First couple of runs were a bloop, walk, bloop, error. Hard to hold that sequence against him. Still, pitched out of trouble every inning. Eventually they made him pay. Could have been much worse than it was. Haven't heard anyone refer to Chris as our "ace" in a long long time.

What a HUGE disappointment Tillman is this season. TB, last in hitting, solved him.

From the first spring training pic of Tillman I have thought he has looked out of shape. To me his belly looks a lot bigger than the past couple of years.

His belly can't be bigger than his ERA, which is 5.94 on 6/1/15.

Big difference between Tillman being the Orioles ace and being a true ace.

He's mostly a number 3 while ocassionally looking like a 2.

Right now he's looking like a AAAA pitcher. I wish he were performing like a 2/3.

It's tough to pitch well when you have 3 secondary pitches and can't control any of them.

You got it.

It's tough to pitch well when you have 3 secondary pitches and can't control any of them.

True, but today's game was lost because he threw a center-cut fastball to Souza on a 3-2 count with 2 on and 2 out.

Good pitchers find a way to make their best pitches in tough situations. This year, when faced with poor defensive support or bad luck, Tillman has consistently made the problem worse by making bad pitches in the clutch.

Archived