What to do about the bullpen?

Crazysilver03

After what happened tonight, we could definitely use help.

Hunter not Garcia will be DFA, but Gausman is likely to be optioned. If they also think Paredes will replace Lough, I could see him DFAed.

The options in the minors are a big question mark though. Gamboa can't be recalled yet and TJM and Wright just pitched.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Option Gausman til he can prove he will not hang 1-2 sliders. He is just getting crushed right now. Not sure who to bring up at this point. Steve Johnson is looking good and has the most experience. Wright or Davies would be worth a shot too.

Wright just had a long outing on Wednesday. Johnson and Davies necessitate 40 man moves.

Good thing we traded a useful guy like Webb and a draft pick to save a big 3 million. We could really use him right about now.

Garcia's not going to be able to stay on the team long at this rate. We need arms out there.

People keep saying how is isn't pitching poorly and he isn't but if the manager isn't going to use him in a big spot then how useful is he?

Good thing we traded a useful guy like Webb and a draft pick to save a big 3 million. We could really use him right about now.

Garcia's not going to be able to stay on the team long at this rate. We need arms out there.

Webb wouldn't be here now though. He would have declared free agency and been lost.

The stats will show that our relievers lost the game for us. However, we will never know how many low scoring, 1 and 2 run losses this year would have been won had we had our cleanup hitter from last year batting cleanup for us this year. Its not rocket science, folks, it will be painfully obvious this year, as it is already, that we are lacking a true clean up hitter. Holding Boston to just a very few hits and runs and having no- thing to show for it is very demoralizing. Easy to blame this one or that one out of the pen, but the fact remains, if I look closely, it is easy for me to understand why we lost this game.

The stats will show that our relievers lost the game for us. However, we will never know how many low scoring, 1 and 2 run losses this year would have been won had we had our cleanup hitter from last year batting cleanup for us this year. Its not rocket science, folks, it will be painfully obvious this year, as it is already, that we are lacking a true clean up hitter. Holding Boston to just a very few hits and runs and having no- thing to show for it is very demoralizing. Easy to blame this one or that one out of the pen, but the fact remains, if I look closely, it is easy for me to understand why we lost this game.

Offense is not this teams problem. If you are looking closely it generally means you are looking for what you want to see.

If they bring Johnson back this soon then they have to in their mind be committed to him for the rest of the year.

This doesn't really matter. If he's healthy he's ready. You can't think about the "what if he fails" part of it. Plus I think he could pull a Pearce and elect to become a FA and resign with us. DFA Gausman. Move Weiters to the 60 day DL and add SJ.

Archived