What to do about the bullpen?

Crazysilver03

If we use Wright in relief would Wilson have to be called up before Sun. to take advantage of Gonzo to the DL, or is Wilson available by then?

Wilson is available now. They also could limit Gausman tonight and have him pitch Sunday.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brach scares me when he is in there...I say send him to Norfolk and bring Wilson or Cabral up.

Why? Aside from two appearances Brach has been really good this year. Besides he doesn't have options so he would have to be DFA to go to Norfolk. Wilson didn't do enough to make me not worry about him in a game.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Brach scares me when he is in there...I say send him to Norfolk and bring Wilson or Cabral up.

He is a key part of our bullpen. Great year last year. Rough start this year but has been effective to lights out up until one bad game in the Houston series. FIP and K/9 this year are ahead of last year. He is not going anywhere.

Can't help but be impressed by the way the bullpen has stepped up and allowed Buck to not have to use more than three relievers in a game, in spite of the starters not going deep into games the last three nights.

This I agree with. Great to have so many multi inning relievers.

I wasn't expecting that.

I figured they would bring up a bullpen arm for the next three games then send that arm down for Wright on Sunday.

Exactly what I was thinking. But at the same time I want to see what he can do in relief. Its just good to have a bunch of pitching options/depth now.

Melewski had a good point in his article:

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2015/06/it-looks-like-the-orioles-bullpen-is-good-again.html

The O's bullpen has an ERA of 3.12 on the season to rank fourth-best in the American League. In 2014, the bullpen ERA was 3.10 to rank third-best in the AL.

After the rough start, it should be commended to get it back down to this.

Melewski had a good point in his article:

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2015/06/it-looks-like-the-orioles-bullpen-is-good-again.html

After the rough start, it should be commended to get it back down to this.

Yeah that is impressive that they have been that good to get to that point.

The bullpen honestly has been excellent overall. DOD and Zach are both pitching as well as I've ever seen them pitch. I like our BP, but I doubt we stay on the roll we've seen lately. It will level out a bit.

Bach has been pretty good too and Hunter of late has looked in top form.

o

(JUNE 13th)

Not only has the bullpen been excellent lately, but they have also been pitching a lot of innings, due to the starters having trouble going deep into games.

What else is new, right?

What is new is that the Orioles are actually WINNING these games now.

In April, the offense was hitting well, but the starting pitching struggled ...... and we lost too many games.

In May, the starting pitching was good, but the offense struggled ...... and we lost too many games.

Now, the Orioles are finding ways to win games in spite of whether or not one portion of the team struggles.

Archived