The Overreaction Thread (2015 Version)

Rene88

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll say it: this is not a very good baseball team. All offseason the whole organization seemed to be in this place of rationalizing the inactivity and the dysfunctionality of having a GM who was openly pining for a job with another team. They really did nothing to improve the team in the offseason and allowed three significant pieces to leave, replacing each of them with inferior options. It was a mistake because this team had a clear window that closes after 2015, and a more imaginative and aggressive approach was needed. Oh well.

I'll say it: this is not a very good baseball team. All offseason the whole organization seemed to be in this place of rationalizing the inactivity and the dysfunctionality of having a GM who was openly pining for a job with another team. They really did nothing to improve the team in the offseason and allowed three significant pieces to leave, replacing each of them with inferior options. It was a mistake because this team had a clear window that closes after 2015, and a more imaginative and aggressive approach was needed. Oh well.

Good post, agreed on offseason. The DD fiasco was definitely a big thing. I worry how much it is an ongoing issue (and no I am not calling out DD and calling him unprofessional, just being realistic).

However, these aren't issues that cannot be fixed. We have a good team. It will be fixed. I almost wonder if there are some personality issues with some newbies? Just going off a gut instinct (Snider, Cabrera?). I dunno. Just seems like everyone is bad right now, which is really unlike us.

Is this year the first year of the O's new 14 year run of losing?

How can I understand O's too scared to get a clutch hit or pitch a clutch out or unable to field a routine grounder?

a clutch out or a clutch fielding a routine grounder?

What about losing 11 players to FA next year?

We have an owner that expects Dan Duquette to sign scrub

players for cheap and expect the team to win with that.

A lawyer owner who won't spend to win.

I know it's too early and 5 players on the DL, but realize

whenever we wakeup the Yankees will be running away!!!

Last year was like 1997 and this year is like 1998 or 1967!

Are we the AL Cubs?

Is this year the first year of the O's new 14 year run of losing?

How can I understand O's too scared to get a clutch hit or pitch a clutch out or unable to field a routine grounder?

a clutch out or a clutch fielding a routine grounder?

What about losing 11 players to FA next year?

We have an owner that expects Dan Duquette to sign scrub

players for cheap and expect the team to win with that.

A lawyer owner who won't spend to win.

I know it's too early and 5 players on the DL, but realize

whenever we wakeup the Yankees will be running away!!!

Last year was like 1997 and this year is like 1998 or 1967!

Are we the AL Cubs?

Have another drink. The Yankees aren't running away from anyone.

We look bad right now no question but it is April 24th.

I said the same thing all off season. I totally agree with you. But be careful, I got hammered by the board experts for suggesting just this.:(

I said the same thing all off season. I totally agree with you. But be careful, I got hammered by the board experts for suggesting just this.:(

See-this is my main point I make over and over on here. People shouldn't get "hammered" for posting their viewpoints. It is a message board, sometimes we aren't the most rational about things or correct all the time....but different opinions make the board go around. Please keep posting.

See-this is my main point I make over and over on here. People shouldn't get "hammered" for posting their viewpoints. It is a message board, sometimes we aren't the most rational about things or correct all the time....but different opinions make the board go around. Please keep posting.

All opinions are welcome, but some opinions deserve to be hammered... politely at least. ;)

Archived