The Overreaction Thread (2015 Version)

Rene88

Since this is the overreaction thread I will overreact. The pitchers are pitching like garbage. Every hit is magnified because they walk three guys before they give it up. They're always behind in the count and, frankly, except for Gausman and Britton, there's not a whole lot of raw talent on the staff.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I said the same thing all off season. I totally agree with you. But be careful, I got hammered by the board experts for suggesting just this.:(

Who was advocating blowing the pitching staff up? The fact is we are pitching terrible right now. What "inferior options" are killing the team. The pitching carried the team the last 4 months of the season and through 17 games the same staff is killing the team.

See-this is my main point I make over and over on here. People shouldn't get "hammered" for posting their viewpoints. It is a message board, sometimes we aren't the most rational about things or correct all the time....but different opinions make the board go around. Please keep posting.

I absolutely agree!!

I'm previously got penalty for mistakenly start a new thread that was posted before!!

I didn't search pages and pages for hours searching. That is why never renewed

my Plus membership. I might get banned, but this has bothered me a long time.

I absolutely agree!!

I'm previously got penalty for mistakenly start a new thread that was posted before!!

I didn't search pages and pages for hours searching. That is why never renewed

my Plus membership. I might get banned, but this has bothered me a long time.

a10aee37a7e56dbcefae95ef4429af4df37ca634aa792de7057101e662049c94.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v4jGSvxCRp4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Has anyone posted this yet? ;)

This clip plays in my head on loop as I watch the games this year:)

I don't know if this team will recover.. I just don't see it right now. Last year we lost games but the BP was still performing pretty well and the defense was consistently very good. This year, I don't see either of these. Not to mention all the injuries with no real time table for any of the players, so who knows how long they'll be out.

Good post, agreed on offseason. The DD fiasco was definitely a big thing. I worry how much it is an ongoing issue (and no I am not calling out DD and calling him unprofessional, just being realistic).

However, these aren't issues that cannot be fixed. We have a good team. It will be fixed. I almost wonder if there are some personality issues with some newbies? Just going off a gut instinct (Snider, Cabrera?). I dunno. Just seems like everyone is bad right now, which is really unlike us.

It's an okay team, I think. I don't think it is a championship team, and I don't think it is a playoff team, either. And given how well the team played last year, a more aggressive approach was needed.

This team has no luck and no magic.

Yes, Darren O'Day made a terrible pitch to Brock Holt tonight but Holt never comes up if the ball doesn't skip under Manny's glove. Yes, Tommy Hunter made a terrible pitch to Stephen Drew but Drew never comes up but for a broken bat single and an infield hit. We lost the first game in Boston on a random brain freeze by the umpire and a bloop hit. We lose the second game in Toronto because we hit two line drives right at people with runners on base.

This kind of stuff evens out in the long run but the long run may take longer than a season.

What's there to say, have to wait for something to change.O's need

some fresh talent.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q5EGPZQjnII" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why!!!...

Archived