The Overreaction Thread (2015 Version)

Rene88

De Aza is dead to me. He's a dumb ballplayer. Bring up Reimold and bench De Aza.

If I remember correctly, we were warned about DeAza's lack of baseball instincts and brain matter by a Chicago fan who posted here

last September when DeAza was acquired. He has made some bonehead decisions since then. Tonight's decision was beyond dumb.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Jays' announcers were marveling at how KG was moved up and down (majors/minors) six times last year. The O's suck at development. Does that go ITT?

As opposed to Toronto's development? Morrow, Kyle Drabek, Ricky Romero, McGowan...I could go on. We shall see what Sanchez, Norris and Stroman are long term.

Buck should've bunted with Joseph. Especially with a young guy on the mound. Put pressure on him.

Bunting there would've been a terrible decision. That does the exact opposite of "putting pressure" on the pitcher -- it makes things easier for him. You've just handed him a free out after he couldn't retire either of the first two batters.

You don't ever give away an out when you're losing by multiple runs, especially on the road. That's just bad baseball.

I hate the Blue Jays, almost as much as I hate the Yankees. ALMOST.

Man-we are getting our butts handed to us. Wow. Painful painful series to watch.

Long season, but yikes.

And I gotta preach my hourly Lough hate-WHY IS LOUGH HITTING THE BALL IN THE AIR??? Buck should fine him like Willie Mays Hays. Watching Lough hit makes my eyes bleed.

Holy balls, this blows.

Where is Lough throwing the ball this inning? Wild throw to second, threw to 3rd when he should have hit the cutoff man at 2B.

Is anyone coaching this team? Looks like slop from pre-Buck days.

The starting pitching stinks right now. Everything else is small potatoes.

I gave Lough a shot. He stinks. Hits balls in the air. Made 2 defensive blunders (his only strong point). Ugh. Terrible.

Question-what do you know about Navarro? Never played in the majors but we gave him a major league deal, quite interesting. Just curious if you had an opinion about him.

Our roster has no flexibility. Nobody has any options. The rotation didn't pitch enough in ST. I don't care about games on back fields. Buck not PH for Lavarnway was moronic. DD didn't have his head totally in the job in the offseason and it shows. De Aza and Matusz are/were mistakes. Norris is crap. The book is out on him. As slow as that darn turf was Cabrera or Lough could've tried a bunt. Heck that goes for anyone. Mora used to do it when he batted 3rd. This year is different than the previous years in that everyone has a pre-determined role and because of contracts we are locked into those players. Why do pitchers lose velocity with the O's? Buck's TTTP is outdated. Nobody steals anymore. Stop screwing around and put Gausman in the Rotation and Machado at SS until Hardy comes back. Wieters is really out till post ASB. And finally RULE 5 guys stink.

Macfarland- His upside is a guy with options and that for being LH he doesn't really dominate LH. So at best he's your 11th-12th pitcher.

Almanzar- Can't even hit at AAA.

Garcia- We took his live arm and TTTP'd him.

Ok. Done venting. Tonight should be a long night for Buck and DD on the plane ride home. Get it together.

Archived