What would you trade for Josh Hamilton?

isestrex

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He wasn't a part of the cocaine scene.
Why does that matter? He made a mistake that put a big dent in his market value, signed with the Orioles at a big discount, and parlayed that into a nice deal this past offseason. In short, he redeemed himself in the eyes of baseball. Other than Josh Hamilton, what was the last big cocaine story in baseball? Do we have to go back to Doc Gooden?

If Josh Hamilton were released, I would consider giving him a minor league deal and letting him earn his way back to the majors.

The guy is better than half the OF'ers in the AL. So he had a little slip up. Reported it himself. Seems like he's on the right path. All of this is just getting blown out of proportion because the Angels gave him and Pujols big contracts and they are looking for a way out. And another thing, why is everyone so hard on him for using alcohol and other drugs, when a majority of the league abused PED's for a decade. Davis got busted for adderall. Do we think of Davis as a coke head? Adderall and Cocaine are pretty much the same thing. Pain pills, steroids, and Adderall are ok but not those evil drugs like booze and coke. Drug snobs.

The guy is better than half the OF'ers in the AL. So he had a little slip up. Reported it himself. Seems like he's on the right path. All of this is just getting blown out of proportion because the Angels gave him and Pujols big contracts and they are looking for a way out. And another thing, why is everyone so hard on him for using alcohol and other drugs, when a majority of the league abused PED's for a decade. Davis got busted for adderall. Do we think of Davis as a coke head? Adderall and Cocaine are pretty much the same thing. Pain pills, steroids, and Adderall are ok but not those evil drugs like booze and coke. Drug snobs.

He's 34, injured and coming off seasons with an OPS+ of 108 and 114.

That is what I have issues with.

I would not sign Davis either. Hamilton is a poor player. That is the only kind of snob I am.

C

Adderall and Cocaine are pretty much the same thing. Pain pills, steroids, and Adderall are ok but not those evil drugs like booze and coke. Drug snobs.
I'm not sure where you're going with that analogy. School kids can legally use Adderall, under a doctor's prescription. If you're trying to say both are against the rules, and can be abused, I'll agree on that point.

I find this very alarming that you would actually believe this.

How many people have died from using Adderall?

1/2 million people a year die from drug overdoses, with Cocaine being the #1 cause of those.

Like Dwight Gooden and Steve Howe, once you get a taste of the devil, hard to give it up.

That is just a dumb thing to say. I've been there and have not touched any of it for 16 years. It all depends on the person, and how committed they are to changing their lives. Unfortunately for celebrities they always have people making excuses for them. It's hard to hit a point where change is necessary when you have an almost limitless amount of money.

That is just a dumb thing to say. I've been there and have not touched any of it for 16 years. It all depends on the person, and how committed they are to changing their lives. Unfortunately for celebrities they always have people making excuses for them. It's hard to hit a point where change is necessary when you have an almost limitless amount of money.

Glad you were able to kick the habit.

I didn't say none have, I said "hard".

As you alluded, their almost limitless amount of money, makes it easy them to partake.

Not because of the drugs, because he hasn't done the job for two years.

Glad you were able to kick the habit.

I didn't say none have, I said "hard".

As you alluded, their almost limitless amount of money, makes it easy them to partake.

Save your wisdom. Hamilton had shoulder surgery. Ask any addict how hard it is to not relapse after being given pain meds for days post-surgery.

Buster Onley was hypothesizing on his podcast about possible destinations for Josh Hamilton (under the assumption that neither Josh nor the Angels want him to play another game for the organization).

He thought the Orioles would be a good fit because "Peter Angelos likes redemption stories".

So what would you offer for him and his contract?

Good Lord no.

Archived