Orioles win; Yankees lose

wildcard

Over their last 10 series, the Yanks are 1 - 1 - 8.

The tie and one of the losses were to Oakland and the Angels.

Pretty funny that they won a 2 game series against the Mets and won the first 2 games of the A's series and everyone was talking about how they had righted the ship just in time for the playoffs and since then they've gone 1 - 6.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I'll bet this thread has been applicable more days in the past two months than it was in the previous 4 seasons and 2 months.

OK, I probably wouldn't really  make that bet.   But it sure feels that way.    

At least it makes sense to bump this thread now. It was ridiculous bumping it when we’d win and they loss when we were 30 games out and they were in 1st. 

With that being said, I fully expect the Rays to win this division. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Is this really it?? Sometimes, I think many here enjoy an L because they can complain ad nauseum.  Nice TEAM win. For the first time in years you can look down the line up and say "So, there's a chance." I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I enjoyed today.

• Upvote 1

Just now, AlbNYfan said:

Is this really it?? Sometimes, I think many here enjoy an L because they can complain ad nauseum.  Nice TEAM win. For the first time in years you can look down the line up and say "So, there's a chance." I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I enjoyed today.

I'm not sure how competent you are at this internet posting thing but if you think we need a loss to complain about stuff you're wrong.

But wait...you might be pretty good at complaining about things yourself....

They walked Judge, top of the 9th, 2 outs, bringing the winning run to the plate. Several here advocated not pitching to Judge, not letting him beat you. He was 0 for 4 to that point in the game. Practically everyone would likely agree that was a good strategy NOW as it worked. I wonder, if we had a poll before the 9th inning started how the majority WOULD have voted?????  Anyone want to fess up???

Me, personally, tuned in on CBS gameday as Judge was at ball 3 so for sure I would say yes at that point. If there had been a poll prior, I would have said no FWIW.

12 minutes ago, AlbNYfan said:

So Youre Saying Theres A Chance GIFs | Tenor