Orioles win; Yankees lose

wildcard

48 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Another day, another step closer to the dazzling notion BAL may be beating NYY across the 162 in Year 1 of Aaron Judge's lifetime deal, and when Colton Cowser can't even outplay Aaron Hicks.

The Yankees made a bad decision thinking Judge would continue being injury free like the prior two seasons when giving him a nine year contract.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The Yankees made a bad decision thinking Judge would continue being injury free like the prior two seasons when giving him a nine year contract.

They built a team with no depth and few if any players in their prime. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Oriole1940 said:

This game was finally won on July 29.  When we beat them tonight we will have beaten them 2 times in the same day.  That look from the cellar for the Yankees is getting longer every day to first place where the Orioles are.  

Let’s win tonight’s game before we start gloating about it.  That Phillies series was looking pretty good until the bottom of the 9th of game two.   Then the karma took a 180.   

On 7/29/2023 at 4:25 AM, Frobby said:

Let’s win tonight’s game before we start gloating about it.  That Phillies series was looking pretty good until the bottom of the 9th of game two.   Then the karma took a 180.   

This is why I was gracious in spite of the Yankee fans all around. I did do want half hearted "Yankees Last Place clap-clap, clap-clap-clap" change quitetly which only one fan near me heard and laughed. But it was a light hearted friendly moment so I didn't want to pour it on and become a jerk who causes his team bad karma.

And surprisingly, Yankee fans were pretty docile (maybe thanks to the score) and respectful to our team as far as I could hear on the evening.  They were rougher on their own team's players than they were Birdland. They gave me no reason to troll them or rub it in their face.

We know what it's like to be in last place, and we just like we don't like being sore losers, we also don't want to be sore winners and tempt fate to go back there. Beating the Yankees is always great and we can enjoy it without rubbing other people's noses in it, because we have bigger goals this season that just defeating the Yankees in the regular season.