Trade bait - Who could we target for LF or RF?

Aglets

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Carlos Gomez?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gomez doesn't work for us. Most of his value is in playing a GG CF. He also stikes out a ton. It's just not a good fit. Reddick is still the best fit. We have a surplus of reliever types in the minors. Beane loves the cheap bullpen guys. Combine 2 of those with a top 10 prospect and it should get done. Drake, Garcia, Yaz for Reddick. Beane gets 11.5 years worth of potential closer and set up man, plus an OF prospect.

Gomez doesn't work for us. Most of his value is in playing a GG CF. He also stikes out a ton. It's just not a good fit. Reddick is still the best fit. We have a surplus of reliever types in the minors. Beane loves the cheap bullpen guys. Combine 2 of those with a top 10 prospect and it should get done. Drake, Garcia, Yaz for Reddick. Beane gets 11.5 years worth of potential closer and set up man, plus an OF prospect.

Ops of 2012 - 768

2013 - 843

2014 - 833

34 or more steals in each of those seasons

19 or more HR in each of those seasons

I think that his offense would translate just fine to the corners and his defense would play there as an upgrade to everyone we have but lough.

I can't imagine anything significant changing. To make a trade for a COF then you need to somehow trade one of the plentiful COF that we have. Nobody is going to take De Aza, Young, Lough, or Snider so you'd likely have to release one and I can't imagine that happening either. Unless....

How bad is Parmelee in the field? I've heard he is bad but there's a difference between Delmon bad and Paredes bad. Either way, I think the move made will be Parmelee brought up with one of De Aza or Lough traded/released.

It's funny, I got called a troll for suggesting that Snider isn't an everyday player and that De Aza strikes out too much.

The corner outfield was something that should have been addressed in the offseason. The front office knew what they had in De Aza and knew what they were getting in Snider so I think it's safe to assume that they are going to go with both of these guys for the rest of the season.

De Aza, Snider, Pearce, and Lough are all better than their numbers. The current group will improve.

Pearce is the only one who I can see improving on a meaningful level. Lough is fine as a utility player but De Aza has a low baseball IQ and Snider isn't very good.

It's funny, I got called a troll for suggesting that Snider isn't an everyday player and that De Aza strikes out too much.

That's one way of characterizing the conversation. I think another way would be that you said that Snider is no good without providing any meaningful information to back up your assertion, and that you said De Aza is no good because he strikes out more than you'd like with the conversation devolving into some kind of argument about how striking out is bad no matter what production the player brings to the table.

Yeah, when you responded to someone's hypothetical that you didn't care about production if the strikeouts where high you pretty much defined yourself. You've managed to follow that up with equally ridiculous analysis and strawmans.

That's one way of characterizing the conversation. I think another way would be that you said that Snider is no good without providing any meaningful information to back up your assertion, and that you said De Aza is no good because he strikes out more than you'd like with the conversation devolving into some kind of argument about how striking out is bad no matter what production the player brings to the table.

smh...

Incorrect. I said that Snider was a part time player for a reason and that he was obviously a "value acquisition" that wouldn't make the team any better. I also said that he was a below average field who plays "stiff" in the field. At this point was I incorrect about any of that?

Incorrect about De Aza. I said that he was a solid acquisition when they traded for him but that it was a mistake to bat him leadoff b/c he strikes out too much and swings at too many bad pitches. Turns out Buck agreed b/c his playing time got reduced and he hasn't been batting leadoff.

Yeah, when you responded to someone's hypothetical that you didn't care about production if the strikeouts where high you pretty much defined yourself. You've managed to follow that up with equally ridiculous analysis and strawmans.

LOL yet here we are in a thread about how the corner outfield spots being weak and somehow you have concluded that my analysis is "ridiculous." Think about that...

That hypothetical involved Chris Davis striking out 287 times which is 54 more than the all time record! lol give me a break. You saber-metrics guys are funny. It isn't all about stats.

Archived