Trade bait - Who could we target for LF or RF?

Aglets

. You are 100% right i have dogged De Aza for his plate discipline in the past. I guess there's a reason why he hasn't been an everyday player this season.

He hasn't been very good to this point for sure. We'll see how it goes. In the end it's his production that will matter, not that "he K's too much for a team that already Ks too much".

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bait:"It's funny, I got called a troll for suggesting that Snider isn't an everyday player and that De Aza strikes out too much" Hook:"That's one way of characterizing the conversation. I think another way would be that you said that Snider is no good without providing any meaningful information to back up your assertion, and that you said De Aza is no good because he strikes out more than you'd like with the conversation devolving into some kind of argument about how striking out is bad no matter what production the player brings to the table." Line:"Yeah, when you responded to someone's hypothetical that you didn't care about production if the strikeouts where high you pretty much defined yourself." Sinker:"You betray the fact you don't understand "saber-metrics" when you say stuff like this. Most of what you say isn't criticisms of analysis, it's criticisms of caricatures of analysis." Looks like an artful job of trolling IMHO.:laughlol:

• 4 weeks later...
Ops of 2012 - 768

2013 - 843

2014 - 833

34 or more steals in each of those seasons

19 or more HR in each of those seasons

I think that his offense would translate just fine to the corners and his defense would play there as an upgrade to everyone we have but lough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If healthy, would you do:

David lough

Mike wright

Josh hart

(Maybe comp balance pick? As well)

For Gomez? Is that enough?

He could play LF for 1.5 years giving us a crazy good OF d with him and jones. Also, he would bring some speed and base stealing ability. Way better ops than our current LF options as well.

Residual value of a QO pick too.

David lough

Mike wright

Josh hart

He could play LF for 1.5 years giving us a crazy good OF d with him and jones. Also, he would bring some speed and base stealing ability. Way better ops than our current LF options as well.

This is nowhere near enough. That's a 4th OFer, and a reliever for a guy who has put up 13.2fWAR over the last two seasons. Comparatively, Adam Jones put up 9.7fWAR over the last two seasons.

David lough

Mike wright

Josh hart

For Gomez...start with Gausman, add Sisco, then throw in Wright.

Archived