We are cheap, proven

brianod

I don't plan to spend a beautiful holiday arguing. I wish all you guys a wonderful Memorial Day, even those that think I'm full of it:)

Thank you for such kind words. The same to you and your son. Who takes it to Vegas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...
Yes.

Wieters taking the qualifying offer was one thing, because the Orioles probably did not know whether or not he would take it.

But Angelos voluntarily opened up his wallet for both Darren O'Day and Chris Davis ...... plus, the off-season is not yet over.

It was reported that there were different opinions on whether to offer qualifying to him in the Orioles hierarchy. I am pretty certain that the money for him if he accepted was allocated.

• 1 month later...

OK, Angelos COULD probably spend more of his money. His C-WAR could be better. So what?

He did. Proven.

He did spend more money. I don't know if it was "his" money or not, but more money was spent this off-season. The overall payroll was increased significantly.

He did spend more money. I don't know if it was "his" money or not, but more money was spent this off-season. The overall payroll was increased significantly.

If it wasn't his money then who's was it? He is the majority owner.

OK, Angelos COULD probably spend more of his money. His C-WAR could be better. So what?

He did. Proven.

If it wasn't his money then who's was it? He is the majority owner.

That is the reason why I put the phrase in quotations.

Some differentiate between how much the Orioles' payroll is paid by profits of the team, and how much Angelos actually dips into his own pockets beyond those team profits.

How they make that distinction and how they know what the exact figures are, I have no idea, but they do make it.

Archived