Obp...

EagleOriole

Some are driven by batting average, all are small sample sizes, but I like what is going on with our team OBP:

Parades .359

Flaherty .358

Snider .357

Jones .343

Joseph .343

Lough .333

Machado .328

With Davis beginning to heat up and if Pearce returns to form I think our offense is due for a break out.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the entire lineup is working counts deeper this year in comparison to years past. Adam Jones, despite his recent struggles, has looked more apt to take a walk this year. Machado is working counts better this year, too.

Is this the Coolbaugh effect?

I still have an aching feeling the bottom is going to fall out from Parades

I think Parades is going to slump, but I don't have any doubt that he can hit at this level over the long-term. Just not at .330! I am glad to see Snider getting at-bats. I think he will eventually re-discover his power.

I think Parades is going to slump, but I don't have any doubt that he can hit at this level over the long-term. Just not at .330! I am glad to see Snider getting at-bats. I think he will eventually re-discover his power.

His situational hitting has been for me an unexpected bonus. When the power returns it will be a great combination,

Archived