Thoughts & Prayers With Fan Struck at Fenway

Rene88

Very sad to learn about the critical condition of the fan. Let's send our best to the woman and her family. God bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.Very sad.Hope the outlook gets better. Sucks you go to a baseball game and something weird like this happens. Saw many fans and a police officer tried to help. I remember when a kid got hit by a foul ball and was bloody near me.it really shakes you up .I know Lawrie is beside himself.

My wife was struck in the forehead by a foul ball that required plastic surgery as well and concussion observation. Unfortunately, it was her fault. Going to a baseball game has some inherent risk. Filming through the netting. More.

My wife was struck in the forehead by a foul ball that required plastic surgery as well and concussion observation. Unfortunately, it was her fault. Going to a baseball game has some inherent risk. Filming through the netting. More.

I am very sorry to hear that Michael.

Guest rochester
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sTCXUNC_OKE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chris Tillman

Wow... that must have been devastating....

Balls are one thing, spears something else. It is only a matter of time before a player or fan is mortally wounded. When the O's played Houston the other day a broken bat got the pitcher on the heel and they showed him limping in the dugout. I guess it's the maple vs ash bats and handles being made so thin. I think something has to be done....it's been going on now for a few years.

One time at Memorial Stadium, a bat was sawed in half and the part not in the batter's hands went helicoptering on a vertical axis into the stands. Because of the movement of the bat, there was no way for the fan who was struck to protect himself. He got hit with the broken end and it was a bloody mess. Ushers were bringing towels and trying to stop the bleeding while a stretcher was brought to carry out the fan. Have no idea how it ended, but that had to be more than 23 years ago.

Archived