vs. INDIANS, 6/06

OFFNY

o

15 OUTS: 5 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 2 Lineouts (Including 1 Double Play), 2 Popouts, 1 Flyout

UBALDO JIMENEZ O(FINAL NUMBERS)

IP:. 5

H:;; 6 (1 Double, 5 Singles)

R:l) 1

BB: 6

SO: 5

Pitches: 107 (58 Strikes, 49 Balls)

2015 ERA: 3.02

PITCHES BY INNING

15 (91 Strikes, 61 Balls)

27 (16 Strikes, 11 Balls)

29 (11 Strikes, 18 Balls)

17 (11 Strikes, 61 Balls)

19 (11 Strikes, 81 Balls)

Your ball strike counts for the innings are all goofy.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To Can of Corn

Ubaldo is over 100 pitches thrown in the 5th inning. Do you think that is not an advantage for Cleveland?

No way Ubaldo pitches the 6th - imho

You are comparing Ubaldo with Salazar? It doesn't work that way. Taking pitches off of Salazar would have maybe made the difference between him going 6 and 7.

Also, the only run the O's have scored? Off a first pitch.

While we're at it, how's the plan to have Salazar pitch into the 6th working out?

It's about odds Tony, you know that.

Generally speaking you are better off facing a starter for a third time then the bullpen.

wOBA against first at bat- 345

wOBA third at bat- 362

You are comparing Ubaldo with Salazar? It doesn't work that way. Taking pitches off of Salazar would have maybe made the difference between him going 6 and 7.

Also, the only run the O's have scored? Off a first pitch.

It's about odds Tony, you know that.

Generally speaking you are better off facing a starter for a third time then the bullpen.

wOBA against first at bat- 345

wOBA third at bat- 362

sorry, I wasn't comparing the pitchers. I was trying to say that we went to our bullpen in the 6th inning and promptly gave up another run.

We went to our penn because our SP threw 107 pitches. Not good

sorry, I wasn't comparing the pitchers. I was trying to say that we went to our bullpen in the 6th inning and promptly gave up another run.

We went to our penn because our SP thru 107 pitches. Not good

With the smaller strikezone of the steroid era and the lower quality of bullpens it was a sound strategy to try and work deep counts. These days taking pitches often lead to being in the hole a hitter can't get out of.

Obviously if a pitcher can't find the zone then you let him walk you.

With the smaller strikezone of the steroid era and the lower quality of bullpens it was a sound strategy to try and work deep counts. These days taking pitches often lead to being in the hole a hitter can't get out of.

Obviously if a pitcher can't find the zone then you let him walk you.

The ever evolving game.

Archived