Its time to promote Chris Parmelee (Activated, Chen to Frederick)

wildcard

They're going to roll with a bench of Young, Pearce, Lough, Joseph and Parmelee? A 5 man bench? Starting lineup would be Reimold, Jones, Snider, Machado, Hardy, Flaherty, Davis, Paredes, Wieters.

That'd mean we'd have a 6 man bullpen (Britton, O'Day, Hunter, Matusz, Brach and Roe)? No long men?

I did not say forever. Substitute Mike Wright for Wilson if you like.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This just buys some to to see if there's a trade for somebody. Could be any of Pearce, Young, Snider, Lough or Parmelee. If they can't work a trade then I think a lot hinges on how well they feel Parmelee plays OF.

We have gotten away with playing DHs in left and right field for an extended time. Or have we? Is that part of our .500 record? Outfield defense matters and I don't think any of our DH's are hitting enough to be a permanent solution. I'd rather give Lough a month and see what he can do. We need to make a decision on him and continuing to trot out Pearce, Young, Snider and possibly Parmalee might not be the answer.

Maybe we've been looking at this all wrong. What if Parmelee is not intended to play RF at all?

If they DFA or trade Paredes tomorrow, Parmelee can DH against RHP and back up Davis at first (replacing Pearce in that role). He can even get some starts there, with Davis DHing. This would give the team some indication as to whether or not Parmelee should be considered a replacement candidate for Davis next season.

Then, when Schoop returns, they can DFA or trade either Young or Pearce. That would leave the position players as:

C - Wieters, Joseph

1B - Davis

2B - Schoop

3B - Machado

SS - Hardy

LF - Reimold

CF - Jones

RF - Snider (vs. RHP) or Pearce/Young (vs LHP)

DH - Parmelee

UTI - Flaherty, Lough

Of course, this is probably wrong.

Maybe we've been looking at this all wrong. What if Parmelee is not intended to play RF at all?

If they DFA or trade Paredes tomorrow, Parmelee can DH against RHP and back up Davis at first (replacing Pearce in that role). He can even get some starts there, with Davis DHing. This would give the team some indication as to whether or not Parmelee should be considered a replacement candidate for Davis next season.

Then, when Schoop returns, they can DFA or trade either Young or Pearce. That would leave the position players as:

C - Wieters, Joseph

1B - Davis

2B - Schoop

3B - Machado

SS - Hardy

LF - Reimold

CF - Jones

RF - Snider (vs. RHP) or Pearce/Young (vs LHP)

DH - Parmelee

UTI - Flaherty, Lough

Of course, this is probably wrong.

Zero chance Parades is DFA. And I would be firmly against the move.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

What's funny is I brought this up on the Scott Garceau show today and both Garceau and Conn kind of brushed it off. Garceau praised Parmelee's stats in AAA, but Conn kind of brushed off the idea of the opt out as being a "rumor". I asked their opinion on who they thought would go once Parmelee came up (brought up the twitter talk about Parmelee getting his own locker, the writing on the wall, etc.) and they didn't take it very seriously.

I personally don't want to see Snider go, and I'd love to keep Young around solely for his ability to come off the bench cold and produce. That leaves Lough...the guy who plays late game defense and has "speed". Lough needs to go.

What's funny is I brought this up on the Scott Garceau show today and both Garceau and Conn kind of brushed it off. Garceau praised Parmelee's stats in AAA, but Conn kind of brushed off the idea of the opt out as being a "rumor". I asked their opinion on who they thought would go once Parmelee came up (brought up the twitter talk about Parmelee getting his own locker, the writing on the wall, etc.) and they didn't take it very seriously.

I personally don't want to see Snider go, and I'd love to keep Young around solely for his ability to come off the bench cold and produce. That leaves Lough...the guy who plays late game defense and has "speed". Lough needs to go.

It rhymes. Maybe "Lough must go".

After watching this guy bat in person, I think he can help us. He is a major league hitter, great batting eye.

Problem is, where to play him. Davis would need to play some RF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parmelee sure has a powerful bat too. He hit a home run OVER the party deck in Norfolk the other night. One of the very first no-doubters I've ever seen in Norfolk. The moment the ball left the bat, that sucker was gone.

Archived