What's up with Attendance?

RoarFrom85

The metal detectors disgust me. There is no sanitation process. They want you to put all your belongings into a dirty bin. Meanwhile you put your phone in there and then touch it to your face. I'm no clean freak. I've worked construction. But getting sick from that bacteria is your biggest threat. It's gross.

Who uses their cell phone to make calls? ;)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the biggest problem Baltimore is going to have is people not taking a vacation to Baltimore where you've got to plan ahead. Why go there when there are so many other destinations where there haven't been riots? Plus, you never know when the next piece of information's going to come out where people will hit the streets again. It's just easier to go somewhere else. It will take some time for Baltimore to recover from this, in my opinion.

Guest rochester
Yeah this is political. You should have stopped here. It makes the rest of what you said moot and no one can address it anyway without violating the rules.

Being political was not my intent but I guess it may be too close to the line for some and have no issue with it being deleted. I meant it more as a opinion/comment on society and who reports it as a whole because it was brought up - it looks like the O's have not been affected from an attendance standpoint which tells me the violence issue re: OPACY is moot, except for a small few... and will leave it there... Thanks for the feedback sir!:)

Does anyone have any idea whats going on with attendance at home games? Tonight (Fri), a summer weekend series with the first place Yanks draws a little over 30?!?! Tickets are going on stub hub for these "prime" and "elite" games for as low as 6 or 7 dollars? I know this isn't last years team, but come on, yankees summer series last year the whole series sold out and the cheapest seats on stub hub were 40 for saturday

The scalpers outside the ballpark said they never dreamed it could be this bad, selling box tickets for $20-25! What is going on?!

Riots, for sure Plus a slow start by the O's.

There is a residual effect of winning (or losing) and it usually hits a month or two down the road. People have to make plans and get a group together. Takes time. Still, I thought the division title last year would have been more of a boost, but the Nats took a huge chunk of our fan base and the effects are showing now that we're winning again.

We used to be DC/Balt's team plus northern VA, which is like, what, 15 million people?

Now it's down to just Balt and the area around it plus York PA and a smattering near DC/NoVa that have held on.

Riots, for sure Plus a slow start by the O's.

There is a residual effect of winning (or losing) and it usually hits a month or two down the road. People have to make plans and get a group together. Takes time. Still, I thought the division title last year would have been more of a boost, but the Nats took a huge chunk of our fan base and the effects are showing now that we're winning again.

We used to be DC/Balt's team plus northern VA, which is like, what, 15 million people?

Now it's down to just Balt and the area around it plus York PA and a smattering near DC/NoVa that have held on.

Started slow last year. We are in a small market.

Thanks for all of your input. It seems clear that the riots have had an effect.

Pricing is not something I will buy because tickets cost the same last year and the resell market is insane. Last night tickets were on stub hub for $4, I got some in club level for $15. Scalpers couldn't get people to pay $5 and I am struggling to even get rid of my extra season tickets at face value.

Tonight, an "elite game" you can get seats for $8 on line....

Pricing is not something I will buy because tickets cost the same last year and the resell market is insane. Last night tickets were on stub hub for $4, I got some in club level for $15. Scalpers couldn't get people to pay $5 and I am struggling to even get rid of my extra season tickets at face value.

Pricing is VERY reasonable.

MemorialStadKid "Fear is everything.

I have colleagues in D.C. who grew up hardcore Orioles fans who haven't yet jumped to the Nats bandwagon and they are terrified to go into Baltimore. They were reluctant before the unfortunate situations, but now they feel like they need to wear body armor and carry RPGs in their backpacks."

It is what it is. The riots caused the Os to play a home series on the road and a home game in front of no one. That will have a lingering effect on attendance. Blame CNN or Fox News if you want (LOL) but rational and sane people are affected by things like that, even if it is subconscious.

A Ton of folks bought season tickets to get, sell and profit from the Orioles playoff run. The situation that those people find themselves in is not the bull market they expected. BTW. Those StubHub ticket? They count as sold.

I think the biggest problem Baltimore is going to have is people not taking a vacation to Baltimore where you've got to plan ahead. Why go there when there are so many other destinations where there haven't been riots? Plus, you never know when the next piece of information's going to come out where people will hit the streets again. It's just easier to go somewhere else. It will take some time for Baltimore to recover from this, in my opinion.

I don't believe there's going to be another spontaneous uprising based on the case information. Baltimore has to find new ways to attract people to the town.

The Inner Harbor as a destination is lacking and has been for some time now. There's long been talk of reformatting the waterfront or adding some new cool attraction downtown to get another wave of vacationers to visit.

The situation didn't help the city's battered image, but Baltimore needs to add more to downtown other than some restaurants and tourist-trap souvenir stores.

MSK

I don't believe there's going to be another spontaneous uprising based on the case information. Baltimore has to find new ways to attract people to the town.

The Inner Harbor as a destination is lacking and has been for some time now. There's long been talk of reformatting the waterfront or adding some new cool attraction downtown to get another wave of vacationers to visit.

The situation didn't help the city's battered image, but Baltimore needs to add more to downtown other than some restaurants and tourist-trap souvenir stores.

MSK

There is a tremendous amount of cultural diversity in Baltimore for the size of the city and the economics of the area. The Arts are well represented.

MSK

If most or all of the police are found not guilty?

Archived