Roch: Orioles Are Disappointed with Dariel Alvarez

weams

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the O's want to keep pretending that MASN couldn't help the payroll, then sure. We're broke.

We have no idea what the financials show. None. We have no idea if MLB is not currently planing to invoke good of the game and take the franchise away. They have done it recently.

If the O's want to keep pretending that MASN couldn't help the payroll, then sure. We're broke.

It may also have to do with risk tolerance. Erisbel Arruebarrena, Odrisamer Despaigne, Miguel Alfredo Gonz?lez, Day?n Viciedo cost money too.

I wonder if there will ever be a day when Peter says "ah F it I'm old, let's do everything to win the damn thing"

My guess? Not that guy. BTW. Did you read the John Angelos Twitter thread? Sound like a second fiddle to you?

It may also have to do with risk tolerance. Erisbel Arruebarrena, Odrisamer Despaigne, Miguel Alfredo Gonz?lez, Day?n Viciedo cost money too.

That's fair. But, we also aren't allowed to invest any real money in international prospects either. Only the good ole American draft and the occasional low cost hit, like Schoop.

Also, when has MLB ever invoked the good of the game to take something from another team? Especially when it would violate previous agreement?

That's fair. But, we also aren't allowed to invest any real money in international prospects either. Only the good ole American draft and the occasional low cost hit, like Schoop.

Also, when has MLB ever invoked the good of the game to take something from another team? Especially when it would violate previous agreement?

Dodgers and McCourt.

Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig announced that the takeover was due to concerns over the team's finances, and a loss of confidence in the ability of owner Frank McCourt to run the team. Selig announced his intention to appoint an overseer to supervise the day-to-day financial management of the Dodgers. In June, as the Dodgers struggled to meet payroll, Selig rejected a TV contract that would have pumped money into the organization. This led to the Dodgers filing for bankruptcy, and being forced to negotiate a loan with the MLB to keep the club operating.

I know at least one poster who was very disappointed the O's kept wasting resources on lower end Cuban talent while ignoring the actual difference makers.

I think there are many posters who feel that way. I'm definitely irritated hearing about all the top talent talking to every team except the O's, not to mention seeing them do well once they arrive.

I think there are many posters who feel that way. I'm definitely irritated hearing about all the top talent talking to every team except the O's, not to mention seeing them do well once they arrive.

Some of them do well. Some of them absolutely tank.

Archived