Making room for Reimold's return

wildcard

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I just realize. They could option Gonzalez on Thursday and have Norris start against the Nationals. Gonzalez has not been optioned this year and could be optioned for up 20 days without burning the option for the year.

Personally I'd rather Gonzalez start against the Nationals. I think he give the O's the best chance to win.

One thing I just realize. They could option Gonzalez on Thursday and have Norris start against the Nationals. Gonzalez has not been optioned this year and could be optioned for up 20 days without burning the option of the year.

Personally I'd rather Gonzalez start against the Nationals. I think he give the O's the best chance to win.

You lost me at have Norris start.

You lost me at have Norris start.

I am fine with Norris being the 6th starter. Get a spot start when needed. A doubleheader or something. But I want the 5 guys in the rotation to be the first choice if they are available.

I don't think that they are going to option Gausman. He's now in the rotation and thus needs to follow the routine of being in a team's pitching rotation. He doesn't need to be bounced down and then up yet again. And what do we do in the meantime -- put Norris back in the rotation? I don't think so.

Probably will option Flaherty or else DFA someone.

If He stays in the rotation he misses a start because of the ASB. They want him to build up is innings for next season.

Didn't they say that Flaherty, was just a temporary thing, buying them a few days?

Yes but because of the off days and the All-Star break the O's can go with 4 starters until July 25th. That mean if the O's want to option a starter they can keep all their position players until then. And if there is an injury in the meantime, they may not have to DFA a player at all.

Or they will be DFA'd, and then traded. Like Webb was, and De Aza and like they are trying to do with Young.
Harder to trade them if they are DFA. Teams with interest can wait until they are released. I doubt anyone is desperate for them.

Archived