Parra to the Orioles (Done Deal)

TonySoprano

Who Would You Trade For?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would You Trade For?

• Gerardo Parra - 2 month rental
    • Ben Revere
    • Someone Else (Please name them in the comments)
    • Nobody. Not much worth it on the market.

Will that make a bigger difference for the next two months than leaving Manny and his .360 OBP in the leadoff spot? Paredes, who I'm not saying should bat leadoff, has an OBP of .320 this season. How much of an advantage will Parra's extra 0.030 make over him for the next two months?

Is that really going to push us to the playoffs ahead of Toronto who just swapped out Reyes' .322 OBP with Tulo's .378 along with a much better glove?

Do NOT make either trade, Dan. Take a longer look at Davies and worst case package him in a deal this winter.

Not saying trade Davies for him but putting him ahead of Manny would be an improvement.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My goodness

[video=youtube;kdEgHQBEz58]

Note the uniform he's wearing in the video.
While he's doing well at the plate, his usually solid defense has taken a step back this season. Parra owns a -20.5 UZR/150, which casts him as a pretty bad outfielder defensively. In 2014 Parra graded out as roughly average and in other seasons he has been strong in the field, per the advanced metrics.
source - mlbtraderumors

Is Davies anything of note?

For a team that is financial hamstrung? I would think so.

He isn't an untouchable talent in a vacuum, but using a cost controlled starting pitcher for a rental seems like really poor use of tradeable assets.

As I've said a bunch, I'm willing to see what goes down this off-season before I flip out about anything. If Duquette looks at Parra and sees a difference-maker for 2-months, I guess he'll make a move and hope that the rest of the Wild Card contenders don't get hot and Baltimore does.

For a team that is financial hamstrung? I would think so.

He isn't an untouchable talent in a vacuum, but using a cost controlled starting pitcher for a rental seems like really poor use of tradeable assets.

As I've said a bunch, I'm willing to see what goes down this off-season before I flip out about anything. If Duquette looks at Parra and sees a difference-maker for 2-months, I guess he'll make a move and hope that the rest of the Wild Card contenders don't get hot and Baltimore does.

Turning this around to look at it from the other side... if Davies is a tradeable asset the O's don't mind giving up, who would make more sense to go after with him as the bait? Revere? Someone else? Not asking for an extensive list, but maybe a "for instance" or two.

Turning this around to look at it from the other side... if Davies is a tradeable asset the O's don't mind giving up, who would make more sense to go after with him as the bait? Revere? Someone else? Not asking for an extensive list, but maybe a "for instance" or two.

Someone who gives you value beyond this year, and don't be afraid to let go of essentially anyone in the low-minors. You want to put a premium on staying competitive in short term? Don't worry about what Chance Sisco and Hunter Harvey *might* be able to do for your team in 2017.

At this point I'm not sure what trade targets that would include -- most of the names I can think of are probably already locked in with other teams. When you come late to the table you get ridden harder when it comes to price tags.

If Zack Wheeler can anchor a deal for Jay Bruce, I'd see if Wright and Harvey could.

What about Lucroy and Smith from the Brewers?

I'd kick tires on Norris/Hedges from San Diego. Upton isn't a multi-year guy, but *if* you think you'd make him your priority on FA market I'd spend a premium to bring him in early.

Someone who gives you value beyond this year, and don't be afraid to let go of essentially anyone in the low-minors. You want to put a premium on staying competitive in short term? Don't worry about what Chance Sisco and Hunter Harvey *might* be able to do for your team in 2017.

At this point I'm not sure what trade targets that would include -- most of the names I can think of are probably already locked in with other teams. When you come late to the table you get ridden harder when it comes to price tags.

If Zack Wheeler can anchor a deal for Jay Bruce, I'd see if Wright and Harvey could.

What about Lucroy and Smith from the Brewers?

I'd kick tires on Norris/Hedges from San Diego. Upton isn't a multi-year guy, but *if* you think you'd make him your priority on FA market I'd spend a premium to bring him in early.

Thanks.

Archived