James Loney Would Welcome A Trade

JayGibbons31

I would trade Bedard straight up for James Loney. In five years Loney will very likely be an all-star and Erik will very likely be out of the game.

Every once in a while someone post something that makes me feel really smart.:D

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ShoelesJoe is right that the continued success rate of any pitcher is low, but he is wrong if he thinks that Erik Bedard is just any pitcher. Not that I'm comparing Bedard to him, but Johan Santana is in his year 28 season too. Not many pitchers will have 5 seasons of continued success, so maybe the Twins should trade him too?

You are pooling Bedard in with every other major league pitcher, when recent indications show that he is more special than that.

I think Bedard is the most untouchable player we have right now.

ShoelesJoe is right that the continued success rate of any pitcher is low, but he is wrong if he thinks that Erik Bedard is just any pitcher. Not that I'm comparing Bedard to him, but Johan Santana is in his year 28 season too. Not many pitchers will have 5 seasons of continued success, so maybe the Twins should trade him too?

You are pooling Bedard in with every other major league pitcher, when recent indications show that he is more special than that.

I think Bedard is the most untouchable player we have right now.

Surely he isn't more untouchable than Markakis.

I agree with what you say about Bedard though, he is something special.

Surely he isn't more untouchable than Markakis.

I agree with what you say about Bedard though, he is something special.

Maybe true with our surplus of arms and lack of young hitting, but in general I think a developing ace entering his prime is worth more than a great young corner OF who still leaves a little bit to be desired in the power department.

Archived