James Loney Would Welcome A Trade

JayGibbons31

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Dodgers obviously aren't going to be moving him until closer to the deadline, as the article suggests.

We don't really have muhc from the MLB squad that could help them, but what if John Parrish has a great first half, like many of us expect him to? Would something like Parrish and Williamson be enough to get him if both are pitching well? Bullpen arms (particularly LHP) get a high price in return and Parrish still has a couple years before FA, IIRC.

I wouldn't trade Erbe for him, but I'd think real hard about any of the others, even Penn and Beato. If they say Loney for Liz or Olson, I'm definitely doing that trade.

Oh, I'm thinking dude is saying Loewen/Cabrera.

I like the Tejada deal dude up there proposed but I don't think the Dodgers will.

I wouldn't trade Erbe for him, but I'd think real hard about any of the others, even Penn and Beato. If they say Loney for Liz or Olson, I'm definitely doing that trade.

I should clarify. I definitly did not mean Erbe. I was thinking more along the lines of Penn, Liz, Olson.

I'd have to think they'd want guys who could help them right away. Parrish makes a lot of sense, but no way is he and Williamson enough.

That Furcal/Tejada trade is interesting, though...let the speculation begin! :D

I'd pass on that. If we decide to trade Tejada, we're rebuilding, and wouldn't want/need Furcal in that case.

I am in no means trying to advocate trading Tejada at this point, but what if we were offered:

James Loney

Andy LaRoche

Yhency Brazoban

for

Miguel Tejada

Scott Williamson

Would people do that?

Archived